Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,851 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread, but I think I need to post it here as well. The following is what I think about living in a PCP. And Zooldog, I agree with the way you feel about living in this place. As I said in the other thread, feel free to contact me via Skype.

I have been living here in a Pocono country place for almost 10 years. I own my own home. My problem is not with my neighbors, who seem by and large to be good people. My problem is with the "rulers" of this place. Many of the rules are draconian, and some of them (i.e. prohibition of signs on your own property, even small political ones guaranteed by the Constitution) are downright illegal. To enforce these rules they take your dues (some of the most expensive in the area), and use them to fund their own private police force which answers to… The Board! These people identify themselves as police officers. Unfortunately, they are peace officers, not police officers.

They tell you you can't have your own pool. What they don't tell you that you are entitled to one if you have certain common medical conditions. I know, because my neighbor has a beautiful pool. The board demands that you report to them every vehicle that you own including the plate number. As if that's any of their business. If you have company, they have to be called in by name in advance.

God help you if you have come a long way to visit and forgotten your license, or registration, or insurance card. They will not let your guest in for love of money. but if you should let your guest in, they want to fine you five hundred dollars. They wanted to fine me for letting my son in. My SON! and he lived here at the time. He just forgot his gate card. And that is another thing. It's bad enough that every guest to my house needs to be scrutinized by an armed guard. Why the hell should I have to report to anybody who lives with me? This is my house! As long as I am within the law, it shouldn't be anybody else's damn business who I let live in my house with me.

Meanwhile, the place is so insecure that anybody can walk in from the road. and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many things wrong with this place that it's a joke! the place next door to me has been abandoned for years. The property values suck! If you want to move or invest here, do yourself a favor… DON'T! Or better yet, definitely invest here! Buy MY House! That way I can get the hell out here!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 8,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I wonder the same
guess the recession skipped you guys huh?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibbaslynn View Post
guess the recession skipped you guys huh?

My house and land are worth more now then when we bought em...

I gotta say .. Northern Wayne County is highly sought after area ,, It aint cheap ,, But worth 4 times what a house in PCP would cost ( even On a good day ) ...... No crime , no thugs , no hookers .. no drugs ... it makes a difference ...

Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
I'd respectfully like to ask members of this forum to realize that many people in Pocono Country Place are good people, not law breakers. From the majority of the posters, I get that there are some serious problems and newcomers should think twice before deciding to buy there. However, please realize how hurtful it must be to the people that live there and read this forum for them to be called derogatory names and be told that their community is a dumping ground for trash from NYC., etc.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:13 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Closing this thread for a cool down period.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-31-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania