Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:24 PM

31 posts, read 102,719 times

Advertisements

Superb photos and narration.

Arizonian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 18,739 times
Default Good Job

I found it very interesting to see other places. I live in Florida and just love taking pictures of all the nature we have to offer. Keep up the good work.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 29,711 times
Great job! I live in Arizona and my family and I are moving to Pa ao it helps us to decide where to go. We are looking in either NEPA or Lehigh Valley, so if you have any input let me know.

Thanks,
keep up the good work!

Old 03-18-2010, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
i just want to say i really enjoyed this tour of clarks summit and i think you did a wonderful job.

i would also like to say that clarks summit is my home town. i see you have a stereotype that the people of clarks summit are snobby. you mentioned it a lot. well i hope you can realize that a lot of different kinds of people were born and raised there. my parents worked really hard for me to be raised there and go to school there. our house was really small. one thing it wasn't though was dirty and run down. that is the different between clarks summit and most of the other towns in nepa. in clarks summit we were proud of our town and kept it nice. we didn't park our cars in the road because it is dangerous. that is common sense. i never shopped in those high end stores on state street. i don't even know anyone who did.

we were always on an tight budget when i was growing up. my parents had 2 ugly loud cars that embarrassed me. i ever had nice clothes. my dad never had cash to give me. i learned early in life not to ask for much. it was worth it though because i got a good education and learned the hard work ethic that my parents had, like most of the other kids i grew up with. look a little harder next time you go. check out winola rd and the surrounding neighborhoods. look around and you will see it's now ALL glamorous.

and i hope you didn't hit that dog. dogs deserve to be able to live in a home with plenty of open space to run around. out by the state hospital is all country and you should expect people to take advantage of it. that's why they live out there.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:45 PM

129 posts, read 425,214 times
Hadn't seen this thread before. Thanks for the photos.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,573 times
it is so hard when you are looking for a place to live from NJ to Pa. It's nice to see the pictures. Most information I see online about the different towns are outdated. Thanks for posting pictures.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,407 times
Default Not Quite Correct

Hello! I just finished leafing through the "New Photo Tour" of Clarks Summit. The photos are nice. However, I was surprised at how many were mislabled or were simply incorrect.
For example, the photo of the "office building" that has the Verizon sign on it...built in the 1950's, it is in fact the telephone company regional office. Originally, Bell Telephone until the phone company was broken up in the 1980's.
Also, the photo "taken in Floral Park subdivision", were not. They were actually taken in the nearby Quackenbush subdivision (one is my house!).
Thought you would want to know...

Old 01-19-2015, 12:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitdweller View Post
Hello! I just finished leafing through the "New Photo Tour" of Clarks Summit. The photos are nice. However, I was surprised at how many were mislabled or were simply incorrect.
For example, the photo of the "office building" that has the Verizon sign on it...built in the 1950's, it is in fact the telephone company regional office. Originally, Bell Telephone until the phone company was broken up in the 1980's.
Also, the photo "taken in Floral Park subdivision", were not. They were actually taken in the nearby Quackenbush subdivision (one is my house!).
Thought you would want to know...
Thanks for the corrections. I took these photos eight years ago, so I'm sure some things have changed since then, and I'm sure I made some mistakes due to my youth at the time (I was in my teens).

Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Thanks for the corrections. I took these photos eight years ago, so I'm sure some things have changed since then, and I'm sure I made some mistakes due to my youth at the time (I was in my teens).
A bit off topic, but this reminded me of one of my many favorite quotes:

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone" Oscar Wilde

Nothing intended ....

Old 01-27-2015, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 9,555 times
Nice tour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania