Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 09:23 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,933,275 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone cared to share any Easter traditions? Family or regional ones, strange ones, common ones etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 07:17 PM

947 posts, read 1,637,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I was wondering if anyone cared to share any Easter traditions? Family or regional ones, strange ones, common ones etc.
I have two related to food: Our family always eats the ears off all of the chocolate bunnies first. Once the ears are all gone we can then eat the rest of the candy. Also, dinner at Terrys' diner in Moosic.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:40 AM

Ditto on the bunnies ears. We always have a big ham and ziti dinner, we found white asparagus and my husband was in heaven! Now with my older two it has changed a bit; yesterday my daughter and her boyfriend came up from Long Island so it was a great day.

Lil man had a blast finding the Easter eggs...one year I hope to hide them outside!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,701,639 times
Since I am closest to NEPA, it is now my duty to make the trip out there to Leonard's for the Kielbasa, Stopay for all the chocolates, and Primo's for all the baked goods.

Then I pack up everything and express ship it down to SC. My folks miss NEPA but they keep the traditions alive by having their son export the food down to them.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:04 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,592,437 times

Our Easter tradition is to find a place to have an Easter Buffet that all the families would meet at.
We have lots of hidden eggs and baskets back home for after the feast.
If we are lucky someone has stopped at the "Candy Barn" in NJ and purchased their most glorious candy....in various shapes and sizes.
If that is not possible, usually we go up to Callies up in Canadensis......quite tasty also.
This year we had breakfast the day before at the local American Legion. The bunny above was just perfect, and the kids each got a super bag of things.......
This year we had about 3 Emails to the Wolf Lodge and 2 phone calls with no answer to our wanting to visit for the buffet there..........
So we all met at JRs in Windgap........It was a fantastic buffet with Ham, Roast Beef and Turkey carved and all the trimmings and then some. Everyone was pleased.
Yes, the bunny was a ton of fun as usual........
Our hearts were with Jesus who had risen this day.....pure joy..

Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM

103 posts, read 360,318 times
My mom would always tell me about the Easter Parade they would have in Nanticoke in the 1940's. All the women would walk up and down Main St. with their new outfits and the State Theater used to take pictures of them. Then they would go into the theater and watch themselves on the screen! Seems holidays were more fun in those days.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone...love to hear how the "same" holidays vary by family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania