Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 AM

276 posts, read 678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I just don't understand why better roads/mass transit options are put into place FIRST before deciding to mass develop an area. Are urban planners, elected officials, real estate developers, etc. in NoVA really that short-sighted that they can't foresee that plopping 100,000 more people down in a far-flung area of Loudoun County and linking them to existing areas with only one roadway will congest that road?
There's a simple explanation to this. Look at the trillions of dollars being spent by the Obama administration, and how none of that is going to public transportation. If you are going to run up endless debt, at least focus on infrastructural needs the nation has instead of paying off your constituents of special interest groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM

126 posts, read 327,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Born and Raised In Bay Ridge Brooklyn, I moved to Tobbyhanna almost 20 yrs ago ( yes when It was Nice ) I got lucky , sold and moved 50 miles north of there .. Its gods country out here .AND I LOVE IT .. I do miss the pastries of the city . But I would rather have the peace and quiet then the Canolli's
OH! I have to say that I have not really found a place to eat that I could call "our own". I have heard good things about a couple of eateries but they are SO costly!! We enjoy the diner in Honesdale---the one place we have gone to several times! BUT the "tasties" of Brooklyn???? I have found ONE place that has awesome Italian pastries...a little place called "NY Deli" in Honesdale...the K-Mart shopping center.It is run by a family from "da Bronx" and they import not only pastries from NYC, but bread, pastas, etc. as well. I was a tad disappointed when the bread was not real "semolina"---you have to get there VERY early for the good bread. But their canollis, rainbow cookies, vodka sauce 9even if it's not my own ), are fab! Awesome deals on Boar's Head heros---but WAY $$$ to buy it by the pound??? Go figure....

OK, sorry for the hijack! I just cannot resist an op to suggest this little known treasure !

Back to the welcomeing committee!!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Angelo's In Hawley is a good bakery .. Right on rt6

Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,552,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Angelo's In Hawley is a good bakery .. Right on rt6
Angelo's has good stuff (not as good as Little Italy in New York). Their stuff is good, on the pricey side, but they are the only act in town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania