Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How can I, a person who doesn't reside in Scranton, find a ton of stuff to do in the city and you, a resident, cannot?
I never said I was bored, it's just that I find way more stuff to do outside the city. I'm hardly here, except to sleep and do some stuff around the house. Mostly, I'm in Wayne County or the towns outside of Scranton in Lackawanna and Luzerne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM

232 posts, read 347,342 times
I wonder how the Connell Lofts are doing>?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:16 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
BOOM, THERE IT IS ...................

ROFLMAO I WILL SAY IT LOUD AND CLEAR...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing, but a sham for the Doherty machine and now that the money, time and ZERO market existence have vanished the properties have been granted to the bank for a $1 to spare this crony idiot the embarrassment of foreclosure....

Good for him and I hope that people will finally start to see that these stupid projects are and have always been NOTHING, but political footballs for the election year newspaper fluff pieces...

The house of cards is starting to finally fall down...

Developer Jerry Joyce walks away from downtown Scranton projects

Quote:
Mr. Joyce said the mortgage on the properties was about $10 million, adding he personally had millions of dollars invested.

He added he is now reassessing whether he will continue to develop in the city, including what he will do with the former Pub Charles property at Penn Avenue and Linden Street.

Linda Aebli, Office of Economic and Community Development executive director, said she is keeping in touch with the bank.

"We are not releasing the money," she said, adding the grant goes with the building and not the developer. "The project is on hold."

First Commonwealth Bank spokeswoman Susie Barbour said the bank is in the processing of listing the properties for sale.

Recorder of deed records show that Mr. Joyce's company 317 Linden LLC transferred the properties to the bank for $1.

IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO A BETTER GUY, I LOVE WATCHING DOHERTY'S MINION SUPPORTERS FALLING ON THEIR COLLECTIVE FACES IN THE CITY.

HE LEAD HIS MINIONS DOWN THE ROAD TO FINANCIAL RUIN, NO DIFFERENT THEN THE WAY HE HAS LEAD THE CITY DOWN THE SAME PATH....

Quote:
In 2003, Mr. Joyce launched a $50 million development plan that included St. Peter's Square for high-end condominiums and retail shops. His development company spent $890,000 in November 2004 to acquire three properties in the 300 block of Linden Street and one in the 200 block of Wyoming Avenue and demolished buildings to clear the way for the project.

In 2010, Mr. Joyce sold the project to the Ferrario family for $915,000.
Which is now another $915,000 parking lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The banks are getting it handed to them on their TAN's by the city and now with the loans and borrowing that Doherty's minions have taken out to fund their projects that really were never meant to go anywhere, but they sure made good reading in the paper before the elections....

Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Scranton's a dump, plain and simple

Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Scranton's a dump, plain and simple
And the people who made it that way and have dominated politics for decades here are gonna have their parade thru it next week !!!! Chris should be sooooo proud!!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
And the people who made it that way and have dominated politics for decades here are gonna have their parade thru it next week !!!! Chris should be sooooo proud!!
I hope somebody pukes some green beer all over Chris....

Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 PM

SO now its going to be a half-way house for criminals.....LOL what a joke and yet there are sheeple that believed in this political nonsense......ROFLMAO

Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 PM

Hey JD Summit and Shoegal where art thou? LoL

Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 AM

947 posts, read 1,642,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
I wonder how the Connell Lofts are doing>?
They've been at 100% occupancy since they opened and have a wait list of 200+. The same developer bought the old Chamber of Commerce building and is renovating with apartments. He's got a long wait list there too and the apartments aren't even ready.

Scranton’s Downtown Living Boom | WNEP.com — Scranton / Wilkes-Barre / Hazleton

Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 AM

947 posts, read 1,642,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Hey JD Summit and Shoegal where art thou? LoL

Joyce was over leveraged, that's why he turned it over to the bank. The cost of the project ballooned from setbacks and the rebuild that had to take place because of the fire. Even though Joyce turned it over to the bank there are still many happy tenants living there. There are lots of luxury apartments in the downtown and people are clammering to live in them.

Scranton’s Downtown Living Boom | WNEP.com — Scranton / Wilkes-Barre / Hazleton

As for 317 Linden becoming a half-way house. It's not. The zoning board denied the variance. Without it, the bank lost the buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania