Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times

Advertisements

Wilkes-Barre's Riverfront Project is suppost to open in June during the annual "Riverfest". View of Riverfront Portal on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pcjournal/3441808692/in/photostream/ - broken link) This is gonna be an awesome project when complete. Punching Through the Walls Until recently it just looked like a large muddy construction sight, but it is starting to come together now, and it looks like it will be very impressive.The River Common, Wilkes-Barre, PA | Find Your Common Ground It will feature a fishing pier, an amphitheater, fountains with colored lighting (red, white, and blue for the 4th of July ect.). As of right now The Riverfront Project, Elevations Lofts, North and North Main st gateway project, Coal Street Park Revitalization w/brand new state-of-the-art ice rink, The Intermodal Center, Blue Chip Gourmet, and the completion of the street light project are all targeted to open this spring/summer. This has been a monumental year for new development in downtown Wilkes-Barre. I really think Wilkes-Barre is going to be a happening, beautiful city in the near future as all these things come together. The Riverfront area is going to be one of the nicest most desired neighborhood's in the region when this is finished IMO.

Last edited by W-B proud; 05-01-2009 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Default Riverwalk photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Wilkes-Barre's Riverfront Project is suppost to open in June during the annual "Riverfest". View of Riverfront Portal on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pcjournal/3441808692/in/photostream/ - broken link) This is gonna be an awesome project when complete. Punching Through the Walls Until recently it just looked like a large muddy construction sight, but it is starting to come together now, and it looks like it will be very impressive.The River Common, Wilkes-Barre, PA | Find Your Common Ground It will feature a fishing pier, an amphitheater, fountains with colored lighting (red, white, and blue for the 4th of July ect.). As of right now The Riverfront Project, Elevations Lofts, North and North Main st gateway project, The Intermodal Center, Blue Chip Gourmet, and the completion of the street light project are all targeted to open this spring/summer. This has been a monumental year for new development in downtown Wilkes-Barre. I really think Wilkes-Barre is going to be a happening, beautiful city in the near future as all these things come together. The Riverfront area is going to be one of the nicest most desired neighborhood's in the region when this is finished IMO.
Thanx for the link...hard to find current information on project.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Thanx for the link...hard to find current information on project.
Yeah...I know,
It took me a while just to find these ones. I searched for about two hours last night for the architecual drawings of the project with no luck. Anyway, this is gonna be an awesome thing for the region when it is complete.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
The Riverfront area is going to be one of the nicest most desired neighborhood's in the region when this is finished IMO.
It's a positive step to a better quality of life for Wilkes-Barre's citizens.

Keep 'em coming.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:18 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Thanks for the update. I only get up that way to visit family every few months. I've passed that project a few times and truthfully, I didn't feel very encouraged. It looks as though things will turn out OK.

Palm House , River Common Wilkes-Barre, PA

Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I can't wait for this project to be done. We live very near the downtown area and this is going to be such a great asset to the neighborhood. Thanks for the pics!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:34 PM

567 posts, read 1,305,545 times
Downtown is by far my favorite part of the city. I grew up with a pier and i cannot wait any longer to get back to the pier.. i'll be there every night :-)

Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,647 times
I would like to watch the fireworks if they allow it from the riverfront. I think though that we may be banned from the riverfront to the top of the levee. I can't wait to take walks there when it is completed.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
I would like to watch the fireworks if they allow it from the riverfront. I think though that we may be banned from the riverfront to the top of the levee. I can't wait to take walks there when it is completed.
Not if they set them off from the middle of the river, or from the west side.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 AM

They are not only rebuilding the Wilkes-Barre side of the riverfront either, they just rebuilt the boat lauch, and they are doing alot of other construction on the west side at Nesbitt Park. I want to buy a cheap boat with a motor on it so I can really enjoy the river. When I was walking my dogs the other day on the levee, I saw a few people out on thier boats, I looked like alot of fun. Now I want one too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania