Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times

Advertisements

hi, I see many posts about the areas and lakes around the Poconos, including as far north as Lake Wallenpaupack, however I haven't found much about the areas north of Scranton and in Susquehanna and Wayne Counties. I've visited the area mostly for skiing at Elk since the mid 1980's and always enjoyed the more rural feel of the area. Now my wife and I would like to buy a property on or near a lake and have a four-season vacation home, preferably withing 20 miles of Elk itself.

I would love some advice from members of this board on the areas I mentioned, pro and con, as well as any suggestions on where I should look to keep an eye on new property listings.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 PM

343 posts, read 600,530 times
One of areas to check out (if you have got the money) is The Preserve at Dunn Lake in Ararat Township. It is about 20-25 minutes from Elk. Two lots have sold and there are more but they are a bit pricey. I guess that would be the con. Other lakes near Elk are Lake Lowe (5 minutes) and Lewis Lake (5-10 minutes). I noticed one house for sale near Lewis Lake the other day. Cons I have heard about Lowe is that sometimes kids will speed on the road nearby. Other than that, not much. It is a beautiful area. Let me know if you have any other questions about the above. I'll see if I can help. BTW, for info on Dunn Lake, you can go to www.passrealty.com.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM

343 posts, read 600,530 times
Just went on Pass' website and there are a few listings of homes near lakes. There is also Fiddle Lake in Ararat Township. You'll see a home listed on Pass' website. Also, Lake Lorraine in Wayne County. A little further up from Elk but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania