Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times

Advertisements

Wayne Highlands raises taxes 3.25% - Honesdale, PA - Wayne Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 07:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
I'll tell you Im biased off the bat , My friend is a teacher in that district ,, They Have an awesome staff there who really care about the kids , The salary's are not all that high . I would not pout too much about it .. Another $40- $50 a year aint going to make or break anyone .. a few more years and she too will be retiring .. IMO , Its one of the BEST school districts up here in these hills ...

Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I'll tell you Im biased off the bat , My friend is a teacher in that district ,, They Have an awesome staff there who really care about the kids , The salary's are not all that high . I would not pout too much about it .. Another $40- $50 a year aint going to make or break anyone .. a few more years and she too will be retiring .. IMO , Its one of the BEST school districts up here in these hills ...

I am just reporting the news I live in the Wallenpaupack District and I am sure taxes are going up everywhere.

Last edited by BLUEDIAMOND64; 05-14-2009 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: add word

Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 AM

910 posts, read 2,992,889 times
We live in a different district and called WH last year to see if we could send our son there. Sure you can, for $7,000. Ridiculous

Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
We live in a different district and called WH last year to see if we could send our son there. Sure you can, for $7,000. Ridiculous
That is ridiculous....is there not a recipocal agreement between schools if a child needs something special. ???

Old 05-14-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post

There is nothing ridiculous about it ,, You must have known it is a better school that's why you wanted your kids to go there ..... you fret over 7k..

Aint your childs education worth it ?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
That is ridiculous....is there not a recipocal agreement between schools if a child needs something special. ???

Thats why people should research EVERYTHING before moving into an area ,,
Look at all those people who moved to Pocono Mountain school district ..

Great living , Great school's. FAIL......... it was all a scam..

Old 05-14-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Thats why people should research EVERYTHING before moving into an area ,,
Look at all those people who moved to Pocono Mountain school district ..

Great living , Great school's. FAIL......... it was all a scam..
Well, I researched the area before I moved. I knew Wallenpaupack was the district for us. Other people might have different situations that may change things for them. I would not be so harsh, since there might be extenuating circumstances. Research is very important before moving.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Well, I researched the area before I moved. I knew Wallenpaupack was the district for us. Other people might have different situations that may change things for them. I would not be so harsh, since there might be extenuating circumstances. Research is very important before moving.
I did not mean to come off harsh,, Some people just want what they want , when they want it ,, You can have that .. But its going to cost ya .. Then They start screaming ............ There is NOTHING IN THIS WORLD FREE.. If you want your kid to go to a different school then there is a price to pay , 7 k sounds pretty cheap to me for a quality education ...

Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I did not mean to come off harsh,, Some people just want what they want , when they want it ,, You can have that .. But its going to cost ya .. Then They start screaming ............ There is NOTHING IN THIS WORLD FREE.. If you want your kid to go to a different school then there is a price to pay , 7 k sounds pretty cheap to me for a quality education ...

I know many parents were busing children into the Lake Wallenpaupack district that did not live in the district. That is totally wrong. However, I think if there are extenuating cirumstances they should make the allowance with the charge. I think seven thousand seems a little steep....but then again I do not know how much it costs each district to educate one child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania