Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 02:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,552,564 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting thread. As a novice guartist and lover of music all of my life, I have learned to appreciate all types of music, including classical. Like art appreciation, so comes music and the culture of each type of music including rap is something interesting to learn every day. Some do not like heavy metal, but the history behinds all these type of music and how they got started are very interesting. And, for anyone who loves a Martin guitar, right in Nazareth, you can take the tour.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
i cant comment yet.. im only 22 lol. i'll be sure to let you all know when im 35 and still listening to hip-hop.

i promise i wont be listening to pop/rock or country music.
I myself grew up in the seventies and still today enjoy that music most of all. I find that I like songs that most people today dont really know. Especially dance music of the seventies, most people know the most popular songs of the time or the number one hits. Whereas I like songs that didnt necessarily make it to number 1 but were still great!

You will still like rap/hip hop but you might not like songs that have foul language or depressing lyrics, etc. There is nothing wrong with liking the music you have known most of your life. As you get older your tastes change and you like more easy listening but you will always remember the songs from your youth.

I dont like rap/hip hop music but I can understand that todays youth like it, hey my parents/grandparents didnt like my music either. Its generational, lol. Some have to lighten up!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:52 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I still listen to the Beatles and a lot of the stuff I listened to 20 years ago because it's real music with staying power. It's relevant after all these years and I don't believe rap will be 20 years from now. And to me, real music uses musical instruments for the sound and rhythm of the particular song, you can't recreate that with synthesized beats.
Rap has already been around for over 40 years.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 PM

905 posts, read 2,400,692 times
This thread turned into a train wreck many pages ago...why is it still alive? lol

Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
This thread turned into a train wreck many pages ago...why is it still alive? lol
It's like that old movie......"It Lives"...........Someone resurrected it........wasn't me.....LOL....

Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 AM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
there are so many styles of music out there that the odds of liking or understanding all of it are slim to none yet there are big markets for it. i once went to a miles davis concert and the waiter dropped a tray of dishes and the couple next to us got up to dance..... i used to call that syle organized chaos

Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
I started to think about all the types of music I like. From Classical to Rock.....from Soul to Jazz....from Blues to Country and on and on. I love Hawaiian music as well as Jamaican music......
But, I don't like Rap.
To me its talking.....just fast talking, and loud.
I'd turn the channel rather then let the kids hear those words which many times are crude and mean.
So anyhow, thats not too bad. Out of all the music in the World I only dislike one type......
My music tastes have not changed over the years. I like many of the current groups and many of the American Idol winners. I love Kelly's voice, Leora's voice, Ruban........I like the Back Street Boys and N'Sync. Also Brooks and Dun and Rascal Flatts ( yes, and I don't care if they wear plaid shirts or not........as long as their pants stay on.......) Did I say that?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
I don't think everyone needs to or should like every type of music. That is impossible. But I just don't think if I don't like it then it doesn't qualify as music...

LOL about Rascall Flatts!

Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
LOL........Yeah, that Rascal Flatts ( Gary ) had the most cool jeans with sparkles on the bottom.......and the sharpest shirt. Oh to be a famous singer and get to wear fun things!!
He sings some very romantic and moving songs......also some pretty forceful rock.......The Rascals are a cross-over group. They have a mix of music. None of them wore suspenders, so they weren't in the hillbilly catagory.......Not in the least.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:16 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think everyone needs to or should like every type of music. That is impossible. But I just don't think if I don't like it then it doesn't qualify as music...

LOL about Rascall Flatts!
While I totally agree...I even love Gregorian Chants...LOL...One does need to stretch the envelope a bit with Rap. But different strokes for different folks......just Please be respectful of neighbors etc. and turn it down some for everyone's sake; it would be nice to hear the wildlife sometimes as in nature...LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania