Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 PM

17 posts, read 49,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
The list is not solely people who committed crimes against children. A man who rapes his wife could be made to register as a sex offender. The 18 year girl who had sex with her 15 year old boyfriend could be made to register as a sex offender. I even thought I saw a prostitute on the list... Yes, the levels are different, but the classification as a sex offender is the same.

What I was saying is that there seems to be an assumption that sex offender is the same as child molester, and that's inaccurate. And the list is also far from complete, as has been pointed out upthread. You could be living next to a pedophile or sex offender and not even know it. He or she could have done their time long ago and/or is no longer required to register.
An 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old is not considered illegal.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:58 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets20 View Post
It's not? Where are you living? Statutory rape is illegal sexual activity between two people when it would otherwise be legal if not for their age: In accordance with the FBI definition, statutory rape is characterized as non-forcible sexual intercourse with a person who is younger than the statutory age of consent. Dating without sexual contact can in no way be considered a form of statutory rape.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets20 View Post
I stand corrected. If she was 19, then. My point remains, though.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected. If she was 19, then. My point remains, though.
What is the age of consent though? An 18 year old, classified as an adult can have sex legally with a minor, 15, but not a 19 year old? I'm confused. I thought anyone over the age of 18 performing sexual acts on anyone under 18 is breaking the law.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I was just wondering, kinda scary. Since the priests(some) were guilty only in civil proceedings, they probably were not on list. Let's hope at least some of them are listed. Though I really worry about a church "payoff", since they have been paying out millions of dollars for years to keep victims quiet. What a hypocrisy!!!!
Like I said, I think you bring up an excellent point. I was sighing at the church and government's hypocrisy regarding this kind of stuff. It's sad.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
What is the age of consent though? An 18 year old, classified as an adult can have sex legally with a minor, 15, but not a 19 year old? I'm confused. I thought anyone over the age of 18 performing sexual acts on anyone under 18 is breaking the law.
The age of consent is 16. There seems to be consideration given if it is a consentual act between two people (i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend) if one is between the ages of 13 and 16, and if the age difference between them is less than 4 years. It was in the link. I'm not a lawyer, though, and while I realize there are a few pseudo-lawyers on board, maybe someone with actual legal training such as Commish will pop in and clarify it better. I was just going by what the I quickly researched (the link).

Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
The age of consent is 16. There seems to be consideration given if it is a consentual act between two people (i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend) if one is between the ages of 13 and 16, and if the age difference between them is less than 4 years. It was in the link. I'm not a lawyer, though, and while I realize there are a few pseudo-lawyers on board, maybe someone with actual legal training such as Commish will pop in and clarify it better. I was just going by what the I quickly researched (the link).
Oh, OK, now I got it. I was checking the link also that you posted. So, in a hypothetical situation, if I was in a consentual sexual relationship with a 17 year old, I could not be arrested on a charge of statutory rape?

Old 09-25-2009, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
if someone is currently in jail for molesting his daughter for 4 years and he is trying to be addmited into a missionary over in England is this possible? And will he be able to escape his sentence? Is there anyway that he will not be apart of megans law in another country?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
I strongly suggest that anyone moving into an area check this web site before moving, especially if you have children.

PA Megan's Law Website

The easiest way is to plug in the county.

Hat
Figure out a way to make this have something to do with NEPA and this thread can stay here. Otherwise, it's over to the dark side (Polictics etc.) with it.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:02 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times
I would also like to add...
I only look on the NEPA forum, I dont go into the other sections for information. If something is of interest to people of NEPA and put on the NEPA forum why is it moved. I think it should be left on this site because it is about the people of NEPA's interests. I dont understand why threads are moved out of here because it dont directly relate to NEPA. For example: I dont go to the cooking sub forum to find out about recipes but if someone put up recipes in this forum I would find it interesting and would probably post on that thread. (I am only using cooking as an example of what I am trying to say). Isnt that what these forums is all about? Making friends and sharing common thoughts about things that interest each other?

There has been nothing interesting on here because you can only put a thread up that is about NEPA directly...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!!????

Now my last post was deleted. I dont know why and I dont care why. We were asked why bluediamonds thread was about NEPA and I responded. OMG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania