Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosicman View Post
So did anyone actually help me out and join?

Andfor the poster above me, the road is open in two lanes before concerts while driving up the mountain, and two lanes going down after concerts. They are also putting two new lanes on the road.
I joined the group on Facebook.

W-B proud does make some good points about the Toyota Pavilion. It is kind of out of the way, driving up and down the mountain can be a pain and the walk from your car to the venue is too long. And the food and drink prices are a lot too pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Bring The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, U2, Keane, or similar sorts of acts to Montage, and I might actually come back to Scranton to see a great concert at your venue! Keep bringing us dead-head-style acts, country, and classic rock, and I'm sorry to say my business will be going to Wolf Trap down here.
Oh Well, we all don't love the same music..........I'll take Rascal Flatts anyday over the above. They have a ton of number one songs so there are plenty of fans out there. Awards galore.....
I'm so happy they will be coming to the Toyota Pavilion, that was a great catch.........
I'm paying as much as for Broadway tickets........but I know for certain they will rock the house.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I've heard of them but they're not relevant. They are not big draws at all because they don't appeal to many people. Like Matt said, it is probably cheaper to run a show in Hershey than it is in Scranton. For Coldplay to start their tickets out at $59 is crazy.
I feel about the same.........I certainly know them.........but, their music isn't so grand to me to pay the $73 it cost for Rascal Flatts........
I think their music is ok( Coldplay) nothing to write home about...

Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I feel about the same.........I certainly know them.........but, their music isn't so grand to me to pay the $73 it cost for Rascal Flatts........
I think their music is ok( Coldplay) nothing to write home about...
I think a lot of these acts are overpricing themselves, especially in this economy.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:53 PM

They are.........I think I paid a tad too much. But it was that price for most seats, beside being on the lawn........... If I am going, I really want to see them........not just hear them like on a radio.
I think tickets should have been in the $55 range at the most. This is not the city........
I expect to pay more when attending something in NY.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:05 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times
No Gin Blossoms?

Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
That mountain was never designed to carry that much traffic. They desperately need two or three more lanes up there! I don't know if they made any upgrades since the last time I was there, but I will never return!
Viva la sprawl, as most in NEPA would say!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:12 PM

OK now tell me.........Will it help me to pay for the preferred parking pass or what?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM

30 posts, read 79,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I hate The Toyota Pavillion at Montage Mountain! I vowed to never go there again after I had a terrible experience the last time Tom Petty played there. First we were stuck in traffic on that stupid mountain for one and a half hours without moving! The traffic pattern set up was ridiculous, I think it was designed by a monkey. There was only one lane going in the direction of the concert, and two lanes heading back, but everyone was heading up the mountain Why not have two lanes going to the concert and one lane coming back, and then switch it when people are leaving (two lanes coming down the mountain after the concert). It's common sense! After sitting in this endless traffic, we finally arrived at a parking lot were we had to wait in another long line to board a school bus (shuttle) to the main parking lot. This was about another 30-40 minute wait. Finally we get dropped off in this main parking area which ended up being about a half a mile walk to the actual show! We finally got to the show and discovered that not only did we miss The Black Crows (who opened up for Tom Petty) but we also missed part of the Tom Petty concert. The beer and food was insanely expensive (which is expected, but on this night was made all the more worse). After the show we had to repeat this ridicoulous journey back to our car. First we had to walk about a half mile back to the pick up sight, then we accidentally boarded the wrong shuttle and it took us to the wrong parking lot, so after all this hoopla we had to wait AGAIN to board yet another shuttle from the wrong parking lot back to the main parking lot, and then again to take the right shuttle back to the right parking area! Thank God the traffic wasn't nearly as bad coming back off the mountain as it was going up (probably because it took over an hour too finally get the right shuttle to where we parked), or we wouldn't have gotten home until dawn. After that I vowed to never return. I will gladly drive to Philly, Hershey...wherever..., but I am finished with Montage. That mountain was never designed to carry that much traffic. They desperately need two or three more lanes up there! I don't know if they made any upgrades since the last time I was there, but I will never return!
if you left a tad earlier and go on the right bus you wouldnt have a problem. you didnt say anything bad about the venue, just stuff you could have avoided with a little bit of thinking obviously with 17,000 people attending one location there is going to be traffic. so leaving just one hour earlier would eliminate that problem. also, arriving early would have eliminated the need for the bus ride from the other lot. the venue has a side stage in the parking lot featuring local bands for the people who arrive early. the concessions are priced much lower than comparable venues. several items are close to 50% lower than other locations.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 PM

170 posts, read 311,670 times
Here some of my quick tips for everybody.

1. Always plan to arrive an hour before the show starts. So if its a 7 o clock show time, leave at 5:30 and avoid the traffic.
2. Try and find out the set list,and start walking out during the last song. It will make your night easier.
3. Only park handicapped if you honestly need it.Because handicap parking is right up front and leaving from there takes the longest.
4. Park as close to an exit as possible. You may have a longer walk, but you will get off the mountain first.
5. If food and drink prices are too much. Tailgating is allowed.
6. If you are early and are in line to go in at the box office gate and the line is long, there is a way around it. Go around the back of the pavillion and go in the other gate.
7. Is the reverse of 6. If you are a little later and park in top lot. The line will be long to get in the top lot entrance. So go around the pavillion and use the box office entrance, because by that time the crowds wont be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania