Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times

Advertisements

How do realtors steer buyers towards certain houses and not others. Is it the percentage? Is anyone offering 7 percent or how do realtors target houses and sales for potential buyers. I know steering is illegal but I was just wondering if it goes on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM

How does one go about getting a realtor's stats? Is that public information?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
How does one go about getting a realtor's stats? Is that public information?

What "stats"? You may contact the Real Estate Commission and find out if they have any complaints filed against them, but I believe that is it.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
What "stats"? You may contact the Real Estate Commission and find out if they have any complaints filed against them, but I believe that is it.
No, Enya, stats to show how many property houses they have sold.

Last edited by BLUEDIAMOND64; 06-16-2009 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: add on

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
My experience with brokers in NEPA has been interesting. We have been "steered" by several agents who were intent on having us find a "nice modern house in the suburbs" They would reluctantly show us city homes - especially if it was their offices listing. They also favored homes that had been "updated" beyond recognition. Or they would show us some old "company house" with low cielings, narrow staircases and call it a "Victorian"
My main complaint with several of the brokers is that they really did no understand what we were looking for. Their distaste for city living was palpable. They tended to lump all of Scranton into one big pile with little respect to neighborhoods.
FINALLY we are working with someone who "gets us". He lives in Clarks Summit but he understands what we are looking for in terms of character, style and area.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
No, Enya, stats to show how many property houses they have sold.
Hmm, I highly doubt that. Since an agent is just a representative of the broker and all business is done in the broker's name (e.g. Classic Properties sold the house, not Jane Doe), and brokers work together with other brokers, including using multiple listing services, you may be able to identify the agent that was the procuring cause for the sale, but then you're not taking into consideration all of the other people/agents involved. Now you *might* be able to contact a certain broker's office and inquire about the stats of their individual salespeople, but if you're looking for a database of some sort with stats on individual salespeople across ALL brokerages in an area, I don't believe that exists.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Hmm, I highly doubt that. Since an agent is just a representative of the broker and all business is done in the broker's name (e.g. Classic Properties sold the house, not Jane Doe), and brokers work together with other brokers, including using multiple listing services, you may be able to identify the agent that was the procuring cause for the sale, but then you're not taking into consideration all of the other people/agents involved. Now you *might* be able to contact a certain broker's office and inquire about the stats of their individual salespeople, but if you're looking for a database of some sort with stats on individual salespeople across ALL brokerages in an area, I don't believe that exists.
Hi Enya, I respectfully disagree and the reason is - everything is computed by stats. BTW, are you in the business??? You seem knowledgable. I know it exists, I was just wondering if it is out for public domain?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Hi Enya, I respectfully disagree and the reason is - everything is computed by stats. BTW, are you in the business??? You seem knowledgable. I know it exists, I was just wondering if it is out for public domain?
Oh ok! I honestly didn't think something like that existed, but if you do find it, would you mind passing the info along to me? (if it is indeed public info) I just finished the PA licensing course to get my salespersons license. Not in the business yet, but hopefully as of next month when I take the exam, I will be!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 PM

127 posts, read 282,731 times
Quote:
Agents sell under broker's names.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 PM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
I noticed recently that the wayne/pike MLS removed the listing agent's name as part of the public display. I thought that was odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania