Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 01:41 PM

16 posts, read 44,577 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
It has been quite a while since I have posted a post . For those of you who don't remember I had been seeking help about purchasing a home in The Hideout back in December. Since then so many things were happening and I kept trying to sit still long enough for a post. So anyway here it goes:
I want to thank all of you who responded to any of the questions I had asked and to all of you who gave me honest, true and unbaised advice about numerous topics. I am forever grateful and BECAUSE OF YOU my husband and I and are enjoying EVERY SECOND we can in our new vacation home. Although the first couple of weekends I was thinking "What were we thinking" after the 3 hour drive, it soon became the time my husband and I couldn't wait for, to actually talk to each other listen to tunes and look at the beautiful scenery and to not be in a rush. Even though we don't have any children the humdrum of everyday life and the routine makes it hard to carry on a conversation without being interuppted. We spent the first couple of cold weekend months traveling back and forth to Home depot and Lowes and having furniture delivered it was perfect because NOW that the winter was over it is more GORGEOUS than I could have imagined. WE are so HAPPY!!! Every time I see a Deer I say "look honey a deer" he's like okay so am I going to hear this for the next 20 years? And I say yes! LOL!! So again I want to thank you all for being patient and NORMAL and if I can figure it out I'll try and post a picture of my backyard in winter and summer. The transformation is amazing!! Thanks again!! XOXO Frostbit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 02:09 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
I am so glad that you are having fun.

My dh is so tired of me saying ; look at the scenery ; isnt it beautiful ; I am still saying it over a year later.

Heading on up tonight for a 4 day vacation in heaven.

dorothy

Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Congrats on the new place, and glad to hear you're happy with it! The beauty of NEPA never gets old!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Congrats on the new place, and glad to hear you're happy with it! The beauty of NEPA never gets old!
Especially when it's filled with tall pretty women!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:07 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Good for you Frostbit....so glad you are enjoying The Hideout....Mt favorite line..."look at the view!!!"...and I still say it after 15 years.....

Old 07-04-2009, 08:12 AM

307 posts, read 768,213 times
Well that is great! I have been here part time until I was 19 and ull time for the past 30 years, I will always say "look at the view!" Dh is a local, all his life and he will still say it! So I guess we all know how blessed we are to be here in the middle of all this beauty! We were driving down St. Mary's church road- I think that is what it is called- and a mommy and baby deer crossed in front of us, then less than 100ft later I look up and a huge bear is crossing in front of us! Then the next day we were driving down 447 and there was a beautiful Blue Heron standing in the water. I can hear and see pilated woodpeckers every day, right in my yard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania