Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
At the beach or pool they're fine, but why does everyone have to wear them to the mall or out to eat? Does everyone's feet stink and they have to air them out? LOL. I don't wear them because I think they look silly when they're not worn on the beach or a pool and because when you do wear them all day, your feet don't get proper arch support and they're uncomfortable.
Seriously. Who cares what someone else wears? Why does that bother you so much? Methinks you have too much time on your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I agree WeLuvPA. I was at that country Bar in in Dunmore and saw all the fake hicks trying to act like a bunch of Texans. Listening to Country Music, wearing Levis and Cowboy boots.

I hate the bleeding hearts in the area that cater to everyone and their every taste. Walking around with side holsters like they are in the old west.

What a bunch of ignorant, fools. We need to gather them all up and deport them back to Texas. If you want to act like some Good Ole Boy, why not move to West Texas and see how long you really last.

LMFAO! This literally made me chuckle out loud. WTH do you care if people want to dress like that? It's a business catering to a certain clientele.

I cannot believe the long noses some people have in this area.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

I just don't understand why you would have music on a jukebox in your establishment that you won't play in the first place. Seems kind of stupid. Why not replace the song with one you will allow to be played?
That is a good question....maybe the jukeboxes come from a vending service and the bars don't have much say what type of music is in them. I don't know.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'll bet the crime rates are much lower among those who wear 10-gallon hats and cowboy boots and listen to country music, than among those who listen to gangsta rap and wear flat brimmed cockeyed hats and big baggy pants with underwear showing. Not to say that nobody who listens to country is a criminal, or that all hiphop/baggy pants people are criminals, but you can't argue that on the average, the country crowd is more law-abiding and productive members of society than the rap crowd.
I disagree on the same merits you disagree, simple minded opinion. The Country Crowed is far more likely to break laws on avg due to the sheer numbers. They are a burden on me with all their welfare, ten kids, dirty front lawns. They are all uneducated and ignorant.

Generalization is your game.....continue.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I disagree on the same merits you disagree, simple minded opinion. The Country Crowed is far more likely to break laws on avg due to the sheer numbers. They are a burden on me with all their welfare, ten kids, dirty front lawns. They are all uneducated and ignorant.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMFAO! This literally made me chuckle out loud. WTH do you care if people want to dress like that? It's a business catering to a certain clientele.

I cannot believe the long noses some people have in this area.
Margaritte, it is sarcasm. I am generalizing a crowed that is a bit more familiar with some of the opinions on this board. Read a bit deeper. I am pointing out their own ignorance.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:

Most of the people who listen to country that I know tend to be blue collar, toolbox carrying, pickup-truck driving kind of people. I'm not much into country, but some of it is OK in my book. At least it requires some musical talent.

Welfare, ten kids, dirty front lawns, uneducated.....that also could be applied to ghetto people who listen to rap. Most country songs are about life, love, and hard work.....gangsta rap is about crime, drugs, and degrading women.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Margaritte, it is sarcasm. I am generalizing a crowed that is a bit more familiar with some of the opinions on this board. Read a bit deeper. I am pointing out their own ignorance.
Ooops. I'm embarrassed. I'm sorry!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Most of the people who listen to country that I know tend to be blue collar, tollbox carrying, pickup-truck driving kind of people. I'm not much into country, but some of it is OK in my book. At least it requires some musical talent.

Welfare, ten kids, dirty front lawns, uneducated.....that also could be applied to ghetto people who listen to rap. Most country songs are about life, love, and hard work.....gangsta rap is about crime, drugs, and degrading women.

That could probably be applied to anyone who listens to any kind of music.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 AM

567 posts, read 1,305,545 times
Quote:
I'll bet the crime rates are much lower among those who wear 10-gallon hats and cowboy boots and listen to country music, than among those who listen to gangsta rap and wear flat brimmed cockeyed hats and big baggy pants with underwear showing. Not to say that nobody who listens to country is a criminal, or that all hiphop/baggy pants people are criminals, but you can't argue that on the average, the country crowd is more law-abiding and productive members of society than the rap crowd.
no.. theres just fewer police in the sparsely populated south then there are in the northern cities

also.. every white cowboy knows every white cop.. no racial animosity for the residents there to start calling the cops for petty stuff.

Hicks are even quicker to a trigger then thugs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania