Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:18 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Will be up in Scranton tomorrow. Besides Farley's which I like, can anyone recommend a nice resturant that has good food. Thanks ahead of time.

Blue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 06:40 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Fratelli's in North Scranton off of Main Ave. has good Italian food. The Harbor House on Keyser Ave. has good seafood. Those are some suggestions for you Blue.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 AM

Thanks NYRangers for the suggestions, I am building an appetitie already.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Thanks NYRangers for the suggestions, I am building an appetitie already.
You're welcome. I suppose you could also try Molly Brannigans downtown before it goes bankrupt, LOL and Kildare's if you like that sort of thing. There's also Jilly's on Court Street and Faccia Luna on North Main Ave. in West Scranton for a few more ideas. Have a great meal!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
You're welcome. I suppose you could also try Molly Brannigans downtown before it goes bankrupt, LOL and Kildare's if you like that sort of thing. There's also Jilly's on Court Street and Faccia Luna on North Main Ave. in West Scranton for a few more ideas. Have a great meal!!!

I can not believe all the options you have up there!!! I usually grab a quick bite at the DeNaples Center when on campus.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 AM

159 posts, read 318,218 times
I suggest Brixx on Washington Avenue downtown. The food is delicious and whenever I am there they seem to get a pretty good crowd. It seems like a pretty popular place.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:11 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Stay away from the bigger places....Don't go downtown at all.

Southside lanes for burgers and wieners and McIlwee's in North Scranton for wieners and home cooked food. Nina's on the Dunmore/Scranton line for pizza.

The neighborhood establishments are what make this city a food town for sure. The smaller and more off the beaten path, the better the food will be.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 AM

154 posts, read 407,838 times
Smile Smallish but GREAT eateries

Try Alfredo's at the South Side Shopping Plaza (Washington Avenue) for fabulous pizza (their white is to-die-for) as well as wonderful Italian dishes--and very reasonable prices. Try the Thai Restaurant on Adams Ave (don't know if they're open on Sunday) for also reasonably priced meals. And though it's technically not Scranton but is right outside the line (Scranton-Carbondale Highway a bit up from the Mall), the Eastern Buffet is a great Chinese buffet where not only are there the traditional dishes, but there's a stir-fry-to-order and sushi-to-order section included in the price (though we always tip the chefs for their wonderful work).

Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
My favorites - Cooper's - real Scranton atmosphere, very good food and it's a Electric City institution.
Never been disappointed!
Down town has two of my fave places - Thia Rak on Adams St - really the BEST Thia food I have EVER had and wonderful service!
Also on Adams St in Eden, a vegan restaurant that is healthy, cool and will absolutely make you forget that you are eating low on the food chain. Highly recommended - especially for lunch.
Adams St is pretty cool in general and is worth a stroll.
I had breakfast at a cool diner- good and cheap and everything a dinner should be -it was near the high school - called Sliders, It even LOOKED like an old time retro diner.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Coopers is the worst seafood in the state. Harbor House on Keyser actually drives to the Fulton Fish Market for fresh seafood.

Coopers is all frozen and the cold water lobsters very rarely are from maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania