Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:23 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Well, this is interesting. So, if the paper slanted it this way, wouldn't he have legal recourse???
Absolutely.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
You know this thread just seems a little too gossipy to me. I don't feel I can legitimately close it unless the OP want it to die, but it's like talking about someone when he's standing right behind you.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:02 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
You know this thread just seems a little too gossipy to me. I don't feel I can legitimately close it unless the OP want it to die, but it's like talking about someone when he's standing right behind you.

Please, I beg you to close this thread.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:54 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Please, I beg you to close this thread.
Why beg to close this thread?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:25 AM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Why beg to close this thread?

Because I cannot stand the gossip and inuendo and hearsay about 2 people that people on this board really don't know.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
You know, when I was looking to move to Nanticoke, I found this NEPA forum. The people were friendly, exceedingly helpful & the tone was a "Neighborhood" feel. Despite people's differences & the occasional tif, most everyone acted like "family".

When I decided not to move, I still continued posting here because of this warm, caring feel...the people & the area I have fond memories of & STILL may move to in the future...(I always say "NEVER say never"...)

Within the past few months though, this forum has seemed to turn into a bunch of "whiny old ladies" & "over-sensitive" nitpickers. It truly is sad to me that this warm caring "feel" has been overtaken by this crap.

So yes TBT, please close this thread. And while you're at it, there's one about Scranton where "Philly" is mentioned (Philly has nothing to do with Scranton....off-topic). Please close that one down. I believe there's also 2 or 3 others where I didn't like the topic of the thread, so please close those as well. Hell, why not just shut the WHOLE thing down??

C'mon folks!!! If this were a TV & the threads were programs, we would pick which we did & did NOT want to watch, so why don't we all just "tune in" to the programs that interest us. Some threads might not be our cup 'o' tea, but they might interest or be important to someone else.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:15 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Thread closed at OP's request.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania