Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well....

Did you read the comments under that article? Didn't exactly speak highly of some NEPA residents. I don't recall SB saying that all NEPA'ers were like this.
Yes, I did read the comments and I would have to say that while some went too far, it is my opinion that trying to pass off a gay pride festival that is celebrating a certain group's sexual practices as family-friendly is odd.

The fact that SWB continually tries to belittle ANY NEPA residents with the terms and names he uses is unacceptable. If he would like to be treated like an educated adult, he should start acting like one.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Yes, I did read the comments and I would have to say that while some went too far, it is my opinion that trying to pass off a gay pride festival that is celebrating a certain group's sexual practices as family-friendly is odd.

The fact that SWB continually tries to belittle ANY NEPA residents with the terms and names he uses is unacceptable. If he would like to be treated like an educated adult, he should start acting like one.
Not sure what is odd about it. *shrug*

Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Not sure what is odd about it. *shrug*
I'm straight, but I don't take my kids to a festival celebrating my sex life....

Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm straight, but I don't take my kids to a festival celebrating my sex life....

Being homosexual is not just about sex.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times
"Mark Innocenzi, director of health and safety for the American Red Cross Wyoming Valley Chapter, said he attended to promote the Red Cross and programs such as those designed to prevent the spread of HIV and hepatitis, and recruit volunteers."

Christopher Kupchik, executive director of Berwick-based Caring Communities, said his organization provides free tests for HIV and syphilis for at-risk people. He’s trying to get the word out that there has been a rise in syphilis, especially among homosexual men.

“We had a good response. We tested about 45 people today, and that’s a great number,” he said.

Hundreds of people clapped and cheered on “Miss Estella Sweet” as she sang Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and her fellow drag queens danced along with her.

“I like the fact that they came out to support the drag queens. It’s an art for me. I try to show them that they can be sexy but also have class. I’m not dressed slutty, I have a bathing suit on. You can do a lot with rhinestones and a lot of talent,” Montgomery said after performing Mariah Carey’s “Obsessed.”

Right, nothing odd about it. I always want to take my kids to places with dancing drag queens and free HIV and syphilis testing. Wholesome family fun!

Last edited by greentown; 08-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: change type

Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
"Mark Innocenzi, director of health and safety for the American Red Cross Wyoming Valley Chapter, said he attended to promote the Red Cross and programs such as those designed to prevent the spread of HIV and hepatitis, and recruit volunteers."

Christopher Kupchik, executive director of Berwick-based Caring Communities, said his organization provides free tests for HIV and syphilis for at-risk people. He’s trying to get the word out that there has been a rise in syphilis, especially among homosexual men.

“We had a good response. We tested about 45 people today, and that’s a great number,” he said.

Hundreds of people clapped and cheered on “Miss Estella Sweet” as she sang Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and her fellow drag queens danced along with her.

“I like the fact that they came out to support the drag queens. It’s an art for me. I try to show them that they can be sexy but also have class. I’m not dressed slutty, I have a bathing suit on. You can do a lot with rhinestones and a lot of talent,” Montgomery said after performing Mariah Carey’s “Obsessed.”

Right, nothing odd about it. I always want to take my kids to places with dancing drag queens and free HIV and syphilis testing. Wholesome family fun!

Those booths are at A LOT of area festivals. Not just at Gay Pride. Methinks this TL reporter made a note of it for a reason.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Those booths are at A LOT of area festivals. Not just at Gay Pride. Methinks this TL reporter made a note of it for a reason.
I've never been to a festival that had free HIV and syphilis testing...

Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:

I wanted to give you rep points, but it won't let me.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
So because you don't find something necessary it shouldn't exist at all? Or these people should have "hidden" parades so yuo don't have to hear about it?

Why the need to shout out a person is gay? I'm not running around having parades and festivals telling people i'm straight. As far as equal rights go, yes i think gays should have equal rights and i think if they want to marry they should be able to. I don't see that a parade is going to help get that law passed, if that's what you want then go complain to the lawmakers. They're the ones that can change it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Apparently like all neo-conservatives you're unable to separate fact from irrational thought, and according to that post Perez Hilton's actions are representative of the entire gay population and we're all alike. Thinking is so hard isn't it?
Don't pull me back into an argument that you can't get out of. Never did I say that his actions were representative of the whole gay population. I was pointing out an incident where a gay person happened to be intolerant. Thinking is not so hard, how about for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania