Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times

Advertisements

I think you are correct in everything you said and did. BUT, being correct with crazy neighbors does not make you safe...I will not go into the whole story...but an agruement over a fence lead to a year long nightmare that involved mulitple police calls, threats of my house being burned down, being investigated by CPS for a false report...etc etc. Mod edit

As one poster said...it just isn't worth it. BTW...investing in a security camera is the best thing you can do. Get it on tape. otherwise it is he said she said, and that is how the police view it! GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-19-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 AM

126 posts, read 327,121 times
OK, so is this the kind of thing that goes on a lot in this area? We have had similar incidents with our neighbor as well. Along with having their dogs come onto our property to do their business and then THEY tell US that we should have ASKED them to keep the dog out of our yard??? Silly me, I thought that was a given!

We went to the police after the neighbor verbally accosted my 2 older kids twice (they are 15 and 17---AND they did not provoke or reply to what he said), but the situation continues! here a little , there a little.

They did put up a make shift fence--for which I am VERY grateful. that was after we told them we would go to the dog warden. We did put up with this for TWO years, but how much more do you put up with? I mean how many more times must the posters neighbor threaten, dump, curse out before you file with the magistrate?

We have experienced an EXTREME lack of respect for our property and have heard/seen this many times over the 10 years we have been here in PA. The police told us to call them any time there is a verbal altercation so they have a reason to come to speak with the neighbors. And then THEY will tell them we will file a complaint with the magistrate that if it continues. The magistrate can give a court order for them to stop, to clean up, etc. BUT then you need to deal with retaliation---and THEy are the ones that are wrong. it is incredibly frustrating and I am SO sorry Lorac has had to deal with this

BTW, even though my neighbor is known by the police as a PITA, I have to agree with one posters comment about the police "knowing the neighbor". We have seen the GOB around here and THAT is MORE frustrating than an annoying neighbor. If you are not "Uncle Bobs best friends cousins neighbor, you're viewed as an alien"!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:45 AM

My problem was with a former neighbor prior to me moving to Scranton.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Im glad We dont have these problems ,, our next neighbor is at least 1/4 mile away ..

Farming You gotta love it
No kidding! Sometimes it feels a bit lonely looking out from my deck and not seeing another house, but after reading these stories, I'm glad the next house is 1/4 mile away lol.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
No kidding! Sometimes it feels a bit lonely looking out from my deck and not seeing another house, but after reading these stories, I'm glad the next house is 1/4 mile away lol.

Gotta love it eh ..

Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
It's not wise to mess with the crazies next door, but I'm sure you've thought about different ways to give the 'gift' back to them.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
It's not wise to mess with the crazies next door, but I'm sure you've thought about different ways to give the 'gift' back to them.
There was a gay couple a few streets down who had a "bigot" couple move in next door. The "Bigots" made life horrible for the "Gays" & the "Gays" tried the police, the county, the magistrate, etc. to no avail.

So, they started blaring opera from the minute the sound ordinance lifted 'til at night when it went into effect.

The "Bigots" moved in 6 months!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 AM

307 posts, read 768,619 times
I have lived in many places and this sort of thing happens everywhere, so lets not assume its a NEPA thing. The only police that are "locals" are the "local" police". The state troopers usually come from all over the state, and they do that for this very reason.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
There was a gay couple a few streets down who had a "bigot" couple move in next door. The "Bigots" made life horrible for the "Gays" & the "Gays" tried the police, the county, the magistrate, etc. to no avail.

So, they started blaring opera from the minute the sound ordinance lifted 'til at night when it went into effect.

The "Bigots" moved in 6 months!!!
Priceless...simply priceless!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 846 times
It amazes me that most people on this site are all saying that the branches extend just a little bit when in fact they usually extend enough to cause your neighbor to have to clean up constantly and that is probably why they cut the branches in the first place. If you would have been considerate your neighbor need not have to cut the branches at all. I have a neighbor who always thinks that everyone is always doing things to her but she never sees how her actions effect her neighbors. She never trims her trees allowing them grow out of control and because they extend a lot onto my property I have to constantly cleanup after trees that are not my responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania