Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 4,819 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone interested in exploring this idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,247,517 times
Details? It sounds interesting, but I need more info.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM

You love to cook, but every night? No way! On the other hand, you don't want to eat out or have frozen pizza. On the weeknights you don't cook, you want something delicious-a balanced meal with quality ingredients. Come to think of it, what you really want are fresh, home-cooked meals made by somebody else, delivered!

Welcome to co-op cooking, possibly the best idea since Pyrex with a lid. With dinner at your door, you'll see how to cook one fabulous dinner a week and have two or three equally sensational meals delivered to your door, hot and ready to eat.

If you love to cook but the pressure of doing it every night gets you down, a dinner co-op is for you. Instead of slamming together three or four 30-minute dinners a week, you can take your time crafting one superb weeknight meal and enjoy receiving the other meals automatically.

Dinner at Your Door provides information you need to set up your own dinner co-op, along with more than sixty recipes specially developed for co-op cooking. These dishes offer the perfect starting point for meals that can be made ahead of time, that travel well, and that won't dry out after drop-off.

Dinner at Your Door takes your average weeknight dinner from a grind to gourmet.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 PM

947 posts, read 1,635,481 times
Let me guess, you work for Dinner at Your Door?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 PM

Wrong - I just heard the author and REALLY liked the concept! I love to cook and eat at home but working 45+ hours per week I sometimes do not have the energy and going out becomes a costly chore.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM

80 posts, read 257,092 times
Sounds like my old hunting camp where eveybody is a cook for one day.You bring and prepare all the food for your one day and have the rest of the week off.
Some great meals were enjoyed with no burden placed on one person.
Now if I can only find six friends and neighbors that will go along with the concept...MMMMM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania