Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 AM

87 posts, read 253,312 times

Advertisements

The state budget not being passed is now affecting non-profit orgs now. My wife is getting only one more paycheck until their funds run out. Without the state budget, the ripple affect is going to hurt. We have been working on our 6 mos reserve and have a little bit to get us over the hump, but without a steady stream of dollars.. our family is in trouble.

The folks in power need to be locked in a room until they do their jobs. I really hope they are not getting a paycheck while others suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,768,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_in_nepa View Post
The state budget not being passed is now affecting non-profit orgs now. My wife is getting only one more paycheck until their funds run out. Without the state budget, the ripple affect is going to hurt. We have been working on our 6 mos reserve and have a little bit to get us over the hump, but without a steady stream of dollars.. our family is in trouble.

The folks in power need to be locked in a room until they do their jobs. I really hope they are not getting a paycheck while others suffer.
Unfortunately, the politicians still get paid and get all their perks, while the little guy gets the shaft. Every incumbent in state elections needs to be voted out of office.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM

947 posts, read 1,637,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_in_nepa View Post

Rep. Murphy is refusing his paycheck because of this impass. He does not feel it is right for him to collect a paycheck when social service agencies, schools. etc are not getting any funding due to this impasse.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM

87 posts, read 253,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Rep. Murphy is refusing his paycheck because of this impass. He does not feel it is right for him to collect a paycheck when social service agencies, schools. etc are not getting any funding due to this impasse.
Well he is doing the right thing. maybe the issues are really really difficult to understand and maybe the issues, if not handled with care will have long term affects. But something tells me the biggest problem is politics.

People lives, homes and health are at risk and these idiots are not helping.

What if any of us decided not to pay PPL and phone service or cable and sent in a note with an IOU saying because of the state budget, we are not going to be able to pay. How long before i am sitting in the dark, not being able to call anyone about it and staring at my wife.. ugh

And the kicker is.. when the budget is passed.. all of these morons will pat themselves on the back saying what a great job they did to get it thru. VOTE THEM all out.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
He's still getting his $158 per day per diem and his $650/month vehicle allowance plus gas. I guess its better than most of them are doing, but I doubt Kevin is hurting.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 PM

947 posts, read 1,637,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
He's still getting his $158 per day per diem and his $650/month vehicle allowance plus gas. I guess its better than most of them are doing, but I doubt Kevin is hurting.
And how do you think he gets that money? The reimbursement comes thru his paycheck which he is refusing until this impass is over. Rep. Murphy also has a family to support so I am sure he is feeling it. He didn't come from a wealthy family

Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
And how do you think he gets that money? The reimbursement comes thru his paycheck which he is refusing until this impass is over. Rep. Murphy also has a family to support so I am sure he is feeling it. He didn't come from a wealthy family
Per diems and other perks are separate from their paychecks. Even when state employees (which inlcudes the legislators) were not being paid, the legislators were still collecting their per diems and other perks such as their vehicle allowances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania