Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,655,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
So the constitution only applies when you agree with the issue. When you don't then the constitution should be thrown out the window.
Hmm, you know there is a guy hiding out somewhere in Afganistan that thinks that God and religion should be part of everything.
You know what I'm talking about, but that's a completely different issue and off topic.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:34 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
You know what I'm talking about, but that's a completely different issue and off topic.

Actually I do know what you are talking about and I don't like it. NO ONE'S religion should be used to make rules and laws. Not mine, not yours, not bin Laden's, not Bush's, not Obama's. NO ONE'S.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 PM

947 posts, read 1,642,707 times
Quote:
No I don't know what you are talking about. The fact that Ted Kennedy was Catholic should have absolutely no bearing on his duties and responsibilities as a US Senator. The fact that he was able to separate the two is commendable. God and religion have no bearing in Congress by constitutional design.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,041 times
Maybe it's just me, but if I had a car accident like this and I was fortunate enough to get out of the car but knew there was someone trapped, I would call for help immediately. I don't know, like I said, maybe that's the way I would handle it.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:41 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,041 times
It's called having a conscience!

Old 08-28-2009, 04:43 PM

I agree LI Mama! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left someone like that....

Old 08-28-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
No I don't know what you are talking about. The fact that Ted Kennedy was Catholic should have absolutely no bearing on his duties and responsibilities as a US Senator. The fact that he was able to separate the two is commendable. God and religion have no bearing in Congress by constitutional design.
I'm talking about how secular this country is becoming. God forbid we have prayers in schools and if a kid wears a cross, we don't want to offend anyone. This is what I'm tired of and what offends me. People want to take away Christmas and use catch words like "holiday tree" and "winter vacation". Some want our morals and values taken away in the name of PC tolerance. I refuse to pander to anyone. This is getting off the Kennedy topic I know, but somehow on this forum, one thing always leads to another, so I'm sorry for that.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 PM

947 posts, read 1,642,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMAMA4 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but if I had a car accident like this and I was fortunate enough to get out of the car but knew there was someone trapped, I would call for help immediately. I don't know, like I said, maybe that's the way I would handle it.
I would hope so to but instinct is a powerful thing. And remember no cell phones back then so he would have had to leave to get help.

People save themselves and as primal instincts take over they often forget about others. It happens in natural distasters, fires, the Titanic, etc. We are flawed human beings and if you were in that situation and instincts kicked in that had you save yourself without thinking of the other than wouldn't you want others to not judge you so harshly? I hope you would and if so then let's let a dead man rest in peace.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about how secular this country is becoming. God forbid we have prayers in schools and if a kid wears a cross, we don't want to offend anyone. This is what I'm tired of and what offends me. People want to take away Christmas and use catch words like "holiday tree" and "winter vacation". Some want our morals and values taken away in the name of PC tolerance. I refuse to pander to anyone. This is getting off the Kennedy topic I know, but somehow on this forum, one thing always leads to another, so I'm sorry for that.

You're going to get us locked!!

Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You're going to get us locked!!
Don't worry, I'm done. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. I'll leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania