Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,497 times

Advertisements

First concert: Cheap Trick at the Kingston Armory, 1979 or 80
Best concert: AC/DC in Charlotte, NC, 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
It might have been one of the members. I think they pretty much started in LA and had members from SF, one of the Rocky Mountain states, a Brit and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I think The Grass roots were from Wilkes-Barre, or was it just one of the band members? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It might have been one of the members. I think they pretty much started in LA and had members from SF, one of the Rocky Mountain states, a Brit and others.
Talking about the GRASS roots; makes me wish I had some to puff, my nerves are shot...lol.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:31 PM

124 posts, read 294,194 times
The very first concert that I saw was Deep Blue Something at ESU. It was horrible!!!!

My favorite concert up here was probably Counting Crows and Live, they played together at Montage. I've seen so many concerts, I am such a sucker for any live music. Wish I could find some friends up this way who felt the same!

Recently (in April, before I moved back to Pennsylvania) I was able to see/meet Matt Nathanson at a private show with about 10 people at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO. I was a huge fan since I saw him first about 10 years ago at Albright College. That was one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me - outside my children being born haha

COOL POST!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krp123 View Post
The very first concert that I saw was Deep Blue Something at ESU. It was horrible!!!!

My favorite concert up here was probably Counting Crows and Live, they played together at Montage. I've seen so many concerts, I am such a sucker for any live music. Wish I could find some friends up this way who felt the same!

Recently (in April, before I moved back to Pennsylvania) I was able to see/meet Matt Nathanson at a private show with about 10 people at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO. I was a huge fan since I saw him first about 10 years ago at Albright College. That was one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me - outside my children being born haha

COOL POST!
Thankyou and for your concert contribution...if I were there I love live music...The Moody Blues just played or soon will.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
First: Stryper at the CYC in 87 or 88

Best: Lollapalooza at Montage in 92

Wish I was there: Roger Waters at Montage in 99

Most recent: A Perfect Circle at the Cultural Center in 01

Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 AM

172 posts, read 609,240 times
I've said this before: you guys get the BEST concerts! When I'm in PA - which, fortunately, is more and more frequently- I always check NEPA's concert listings. I so wanted to see AC/DC a couple of months ago.

I was at the Bon Jovi / Skid Row concert. Love Bon Jovi, was a great show, but Skid Row always manages to live up to their name I saw Cheap Trick and didn't like that one. Journey was great. I was skeptical about Arnel Pineda, but he was awsome.

KISS is coming to Birmingham, btw. My husband is getting tickets. I doubt they'll be as good as they were back in 76. All the bands I like have members getting hip replacements and social security now. LOL. Would love to see a Pink Floyd laser light show again.

Forgot to mention the Black Crowes. That was at some hole in the wall, but they're great anywhere

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
AC/DC at Wachovia Arena. I like AC/DC, but I'm not a die hard fan by any means, but I'll tell you what, they where the loudest, and the best concert I have ever seen. I didn't even buy tickets to the show. I was driving taxi at the time... I picked up a couple of drunk, biker looking guys from Binghamton, NY at the local W-B Red Roof Inn. They wanted to "get primed up" at the closest bar( for the concert). They were already pretty loaded when I picked them up at the hotel. On the way to the bar they told me, "listen...three of us came to town to see the show, one of our buddies couldn't make it, and we have a free ticket left". They had no transportation to and from the show. I told them I was getting off duty at six o'clock PM from driving taxi. They told me "if I would pick them up from the bar (after I got off work) and took them too the show, and gave them a ride back to the Red Roof Inn after the show, that they would give me the extra ticket for free. I had nothing else to do that night, so I said "yeah, why not!" Anyway, after work, just as predicted, I went to that East End bar and picked them up in my regular car, and sure enough, they were true to there word. They were pretty drunk, but they gave me the extra ticket as promised. So we drove up to the arena (they were loaded). We tailgated. I had a few beers (they had a few beer's and a little bit more). We went to the show, and it was the best damn show I had ever seen in my life!!! I'm not even a die hard AC/DC fan. I hung out with these three biker guys all night. We (at first) were in the nose bleed section...all the way up top. But the one guy "Will" that I was there with decided we should sneak all the way to the front, bottom row. At first I thought "No! we can't do that!" but I was a little tippsy, and he talked me into it. Anyway, we were able to sneak all the way up to the front stage, but totally to the left. We were at the very front of the show (but like I said, to the left) were the roadies were working the sound board ect... At one point in the show everyone was thowing bra's, headbands, whatever up on stage. I threw a bandana I was wearing up onto the stage, and wouldn't you know it, Brian Johnson himself (the lead singer) picked it up and wiped his sweat away with it! I kid you not! It was something else, and I didn't pay a dime for any of it! Anyway AC/DC was awesome. They were very loud, but in tune and good sound. They were louder then any other band I have ever seen live, and I have seen more (heavy medal) bands then them like Tool, Stone Temple Pilots, God Smack ect. AC/DC was by far the loudest, and the best live show I have ever seen, and I didn't pat a dime to see the show. I got to go for free, and I made some good friends from Binghamton, NY that night that I'll never forget. Anyway, even if you are not the biggest AC/DC fan on earth, i suggest you go see them if they come back to the area. They are awesome live in concert!
I agree...I saw AC/DC in 96 in Philly and it was probably the best show I had ever seen along with KISS in 2000 at Montage.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPhotog View Post
I've said this before: you guys get the BEST concerts! When I'm in PA - which, fortunately, is more and more frequently- I always check NEPA's concert listings. I so wanted to see AC/DC a couple of months ago.

I was at the Bon Jovi / Skid Row concert. Love Bon Jovi, was a great show, but Skid Row always manages to live up to their name I saw Cheap Trick and didn't like that one. Journey was great. I was skeptical about Arnel Pineda, but he was awsome.

KISS is coming to Birmingham, btw. My husband is getting tickets. I doubt they'll be as good as they were back in 76. All the bands I like have members getting hip replacements and social security now. LOL. Would love to see a Pink Floyd laser light show again.

Forgot to mention the Black Crowes. That was at some hole in the wall, but they're great anywhere
I wish I would get to see Pink Floyd..I know what you mean about the hip replacements......KISS will still put on an exciting show.

Make sure to have a designated driver.....cause my ears are still ringing...LOL.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Ok..I'll admit it! I did have a great time at a NSYNC concert 'some' years ago up on the Mountain.

And in case anyone missed it the first 17 times I said it....I LOVED the Moody Blues concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania