Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 15,299 times

Advertisements

I am writing a book about haunted places in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties, Pa.
Anybody have any stories?
Thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 07:05 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times
There is some place that is at the very least SPOOKY, and heard to be ahunted. It is in the outskirts of Clarks Summit, it is an old sanitarium that is overgrown and vacant. I've heard that the old beds and some files can even be found scattered around. I'll have to get back to you on the name, there are even some web-sites that people have posted pictures of ghosts and such there...

Old 03-03-2007, 06:41 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times
West Mountain Sanitorium is the name of the place. You can find web-sites with pictures, kinda creepy.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
That's interesting, I LOVE PA!

Here's a link to pictures and newspaper articles about it:

http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/wms.htm

And here is a listing of other abandoned properties throughout Pennsylvania:

http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten....a_pictures.htm

Some of them are HUGE properties! It's amazing!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 13,371 times
Default Haunted in Luzerne Pa

We moved to a house in the 500 block of Miller st in Luzerne PA. weird things started to happen as soon as we moved in. Later we found out it used to be a funeral home. we were so scared many nights we would jump up and leave in the middle of the night and sleep in the car.
some of the things we would experience were
shadow man
hearing people walking up and down the stairs
a man and small boy aparition. a black fog like mist flying over you and then going into the wall. and things flying as if they were thrown HARD across the room barely missing my childrens heads. i can tell you much more that happened if you are interested.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:58 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
There is some place that is at the very least SPOOKY, and heard to be ahunted. It is in the outskirts of Clarks Summit, it is an old sanitarium that is overgrown and vacant. I've heard that the old beds and some files can even be found scattered around. I'll have to get back to you on the name, there are even some web-sites that people have posted pictures of ghosts and such there...
GHA...GHA..GHA...GHOST!....WHO DO YOU CALL...

http://bestsmileys.com/ghost/1.gif (broken link)

Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles III View Post
I am writing a book about haunted places in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties, Pa.
Anybody have any stories?
Thanks.....
Here's a link that might be of some help....

Pennsylvania

Old 10-10-2008, 10:19 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,886 times
I'm pretty sure that the old sanitarium is now gone, the last bit destroyed by the last of one of many fires up there. An interesting point, many who died there actually died of hypothermia, as patients with tuberculosis (sp) were prescribed 'abundant fresh air,' and were left outside for hours on end even in the dead of winter.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:09 PM

19 posts, read 73,354 times
Here are a few I have been to when I lived in NEPA:

Suscon Road (Pittston) - Mother & child were killed on the way to the hospital.
This road has 18 lights but there are always 11 out, and they are never the same ones.

Covered bridge in Wyomissing - Can't remember its name

The Elks Lodge in Tamaqua

The Smurl house in West Pittston - "The Haunted" Book & movie (1991)

West Mountain Sanitarium - Can't say myself that it's haunted but it's certainly creepy!

Great thread for the season!

Spyarella

Old 10-12-2008, 01:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,112 times
I could help you out with places in Montour and Centre counties but sadly live a little too far to check out places in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties. Have you finished the book?

I want to check out sites on West Mountain Sanitorium a little later today. Love to read stories about places like that!

I know many may not check out the PA fourm but I have a thread asking about haunted places in Northumerland, Montour, Snyder, and Union counties. Not sure if anybody may have moved from those areas and would have stories or places. I love the subject of ghosts and have been lucky to experience some wild things throughout the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania