U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 13,220 times

Advertisements

Hi people,

I am having a hard time finding a badminton court and/or club here in Scranton/W-B area. I noticed that this is not as big a sport here. I am now learning to play tennis instead. I know that there is like a club/court at the University of Scranton but I think you have to be a student to join. If you happen to come across my post, will you be able to help me out here?

I am dying to play the game again. I miss playing the game and I can say that I am good at it. If you know anybody or group of people, please provide some info for me. I will appreciate any info.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 09:44 PM

31,438 posts, read 70,429,646 times
I play badminton informally with some friends at King's College in Wilkes-Barre, and I love it! Unfortunately, I do not know of any leagues and/or clubs devoted to badminton around here. I'll ask around down at the school though. If anything, there might be one in the Abingtons, as the people up there seem to be the types who like croquet, badminton, tennis, polo, and all of the other great "forgotten" sports. I know they have a tennis club up there for sure.

Scranton Tennis Club: 1029 Morgan Highway, Clarks Summit.
(570)587-1018. They might be of better help to you!

There's also this:

Birchwood Tennis & Fitness Club: 105 Edella Road, Clarks Summit.
(570)586-4030. Once again, they seem rather "exclusive," but they might be a good resource to consult for badminton groups!

Best of luck to you, and welcome to NEPA!
-Paul

Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 13,220 times
Thanks, Paul. Birchwood only has tennis and I have not contacted the Scranton Tennis club. So I guess I've to continue learning tennis then and I'm assuming that you need to be a student at King's college to play there, too.

Appreciate the info. Take care.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:01 PM

46 posts, read 194,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbpal23 View Post
Hi people,

I am having a hard time finding a badminton court and/or club here in Scranton/W-B area. I noticed that this is not as big a sport here. I am now learning to play tennis instead. I know that there is like a club/court at the University of Scranton but I think you have to be a student to join. If you happen to come across my post, will you be able to help me out here?

I am dying to play the game again. I miss playing the game and I can say that I am good at it. If you know anybody or group of people, please provide some info for me. I will appreciate any info.

Thanks.
Seems as if another poster from Scranton area also wants to play, so have you considered starting your own group on meetup.com? This site lets you find or create groups of folks with shared interests in a local community.

Good luck...cindy175

Old 05-06-2008, 02:48 PM

30 posts, read 114,038 times
Here in the Bay Area, there is an extensive badminton program among the public schools. To read about some of the successes of the Palo Alto High School badminton team, you can visit the student run website: Paly Voice: Badminton team falls short of success (http://voice.paly.net/view_story.php?id=6738 - broken link)

Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,688 times
Hi

I recently moved to scranton and got this posting when I am searching for badminton club. So did u guys are playing or given up? Any info on playing badminton around scranton area please let me know.

Thanks

Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,262 times
Did anyone find out of a place where one can play Badminton in Wilkes Barre?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
I would be interested in creating our own badminton group. Intereested players . My 12 year old son plays badminton and I have been trying to find a local group in Wilkes Barre/ Scranton area and havn't had any success. If anyone has already found a place please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-06-2015 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: removed e-mail

Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,650 times
Default where to play badminton albrightsville area

Looking to play badminton again. I used to be Regional Champion in The Netherlands. Moved to the Poconos, and so far no luck. Anyone know of courts or clubs in the area?

Thank you!

Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
tbo

1 posts, read 1,760 times
I love to play badminton and am looking to play somewhere around Wilkes-Barre. If there are any groups that anyone knows about please let me know. I've looked and can't seem to find any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania