Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,990,680 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the area part time next week and will be locating there permanently the first week of June.

Anyone have any good referrals? Finding good practitioners who are taking new patients can be a daunting task.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 PM

32,612 posts, read 77,393,675 times
Howdy again!

I suppose I could only recommend dentists to you at this point in time, as I truly don't see my physician nearly as often as I should! (Don't forget that I'm an invincible 20-year-old who will live forever!)

I've grown up using Dr. Jeffrey Walker in Pittston (midway between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton), and I've always been pleased with his services. The Casey Dental Institute just opened on Oak Street here in a rapidly-expanding part of Pittston just off I-81 as well, and I've heard nothing but good things about Casey's practice as well.

I wish I could be of more assistance with physicians...sorry!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks, Paul! I'll ask around when we get up there next week. We 20++++++++++++++++++++++x+++++++++++++++++ers sometimes have to make doctor huntin' a priority.

I'd like to find a dentist closer to home, but I'll probably need to head to Wilkes Barre to find an orthopedist. I seem to have started falling apart in the last few months. A PCP closer to Pocono Lakes would be nice.

Wonder what the hospital up there is like? The only thing I know for sure is that I *won't* have need for maternity care.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Thanks, Paul! I'll ask around when we get up there next week. We 20++++++++++++++++++++++x+++++++++++++++++ers sometimes have to make doctor huntin' a priority.

I'd like to find a dentist closer to home, but I'll probably need to head to Wilkes Barre to find an orthopedist. I seem to have started falling apart in the last few months. A PCP closer to Pocono Lakes would be nice.

Wonder what the hospital up there is like? The only thing I know for sure is that I *won't* have need for maternity care.
I'm partial to Geisinger Hospital near Bear Creek (it's just off Route 115) on your way to Wilkes-Barre from Blakeslee. My grandmother was in there, and she was treated very well. Overall, I tend to think Scranton has the edge on medical care (CMC, Mercy, Moses-Taylor, upcoming medical school, etc.), but Geisinger and Wilkes-Barre General Hospital should serve you quite well.

P.S. As far as not needing maternity care is concerned, I'm sure I could find something at Lowe's that could be used as a human egg fertilizer.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 PM

While I appreciate your kind offer to contrive some sort of apparatus via Lowe's vast inventory, I will respectfully decline and offer a simple thank you, SWB.

<<actually...Rockky runs screaming from the room!!!>>

Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
While I appreciate your kind offer to contrive some sort of apparatus via Lowe's vast inventory, I will respectfully decline and offer a simple thank you, SWB.

<<actually...Rockky runs screaming from the room!!!>>
Ha! Thanks for the great laugh! I needed that tonight! I'm off to bed now (Have to wake up at 6:30 AM). Have a great night!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,882,987 times
Hi Rocky -

Whenever I visit the area, I go to a chiropractor who is the best I've ever had the pleasure to use & I've seen at least 8 in 4 different states. Don't know if your preference is for an osteopath, but he does specialize in treating children, elderly or those with delicate spines, such as myself. Honestly, if I'm going to visit, I find out first if he's on vacation & will adjust my vacation, if necessary. And, I actually stop at his office the second I get into town after driving 8-hrs from Boston. He's that good.

His name is Richard Langdon & he is in Plains, exit 2 off the Cross Valley Parkway, 2 exits before the Wyoming Valley Mall at exit 1. (Paul, if I made a mistake on exits, would you please give a shout out? Thanks!) If interested, I'd be happy to scrounge up his card to PM you his address & phone #. He'd be very close to you in W-B. Without insurance, an adjustment is $35.

I'll ask my sister about doctors. Are you looking for a pediatrician, a doctor for yourself or an ob/gyn? She'd know of all 3. ALL her kids wore braces on their teeth, so if that's something you're needing, I'll ask, as well for a dental referral. Were you asking about a physical therapist also?

I'll be moving back to the area shortly, so will need new dr's/dentists, as well. Thanks Paul for the dentist's name. I'll tuck that away. I'll be very happy to be seeing Dr. Langdon regularly. He's a good guy & I swear I feel 2" taller when I leave his office. Feel free to PM me.

Best of luck with the baby... VV

Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
His name is Richard Langdon & he is in Plains, exit 2 off the Cross Valley Parkway, 2 exits before the Wyoming Valley Mall at exit 1. (Paul, if I made a mistake on exits, would you please give a shout out? Thanks!) If interested, I'd be happy to scrounge up his card to PM you his address & phone #. He'd be very close to you in W-B. Without insurance, an adjustment is $35.
Actually, that would be Exit 3 for Plains. Exit 2 is for Center City, and Exit 1 is for the mall.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Thanks Kittens and SWB.

Yes, I'm looking for a local PT group near Pocono Lakes. I'm dealing with an ongoing shoulder problem that was improperly diagnosed since August. Apparently I've built up a mass of scar tissue and will need to continue therapy. I'd like to find a smooth transition from my treatments here in DE.

I'm frustrated with the situation and the local doctors here. I never had this sort of problem. I was one of those 'strong like moose' women. I think the last doctor has figured it out and has me on a positive path, but the impending move will necessitate starting over *again*!

Baby???? I think, at my advanced age, I'll just stick with my two Boston Terrier grandcritters.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,943,542 times
OB-GYN - the group that Drs. Ferraro , Gunster work for- with an office in Kingston. My wife and I were very pleased with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania