Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:46 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candylkeme View Post
Hey Molly

We are planning a trip to Poconos in a few weeks. Will only be there for the weekend and was wondering what is a "Must see" while we are there?

Thanks!
Cathy
I guess I can answer this for you..........
OK must see's in the wintertime.......
I bet you would like to see the wonderful and awesome "Great Wolf Lodge"......Yes, you can stop in there even if you are not booked to stayover. The restaurants are open to the public. It is quite a grand place.
Look throught the windows and watch the families having a grand time in the indoor water park. Watch the interesting show for kids in the lobby.......I thought it was quite adorable myself.
You might enjoy in that general area of Tannersville, a stop at the outdoor Outlets. Nice interesting stores to be had there. Perhaps a venture up to the lodge of Camelback to watch the skiing and snowboarders, sit by the fireplace and have some lunch.
All three of these are within minutes of each other.
Up the way on 611 is a huge Candle store. It also has other items and collectiables.
There is also a small candle store up on 715 traveling north from 611 where you can watch candles being made......thats fun too.
Have a great weekend.........in the Poconos

Old 03-09-2008, 06:28 PM

13 posts, read 46,855 times
hi there mollyme my fiancee and i are looking to purchase a home in towamensing trails in pa i have heard that the school taxes are to be increasing in the jim thorpe district have you heard anything about this we are putting an offer on the housein a day or soso im trying to ge as much info as i can. in need to keep the taxes under $2000 i dont want a huge mtg we live i queens ny. im kinda worried about this potential tax increase, do you have any employment tips im a well versed all around jack of all trades type of female 44 my fiancee is 51 he will be looking for work also we are currently keeping our jobs here in queens for a bit will commute back and forth employment agencies?? which are good etc thanks for your help i might have to keep on speed dial lol trish

Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Yes, we hear too the taxes will be going up in the area. You might find the rate by going into our search area( top of post area) here and posting that question. You are going to be in Carbon Cty which is lower for taxes. Beware that some of us are paying 4K to 6K and above on taxes. School taxes are high..........
Jobs are not easy to come by......and Pa wages are low. They will never match New Yorks. There is an employment service in the Bartonville area once you get this way.
I sure do love Towamensing Trails, such a beautiful lake, and pool. Plus the clubhouse.....but.......Whew, you will have a long commute that is a certain.
If you can't find the tax answers call the township tax office. That seems to be an important question for you to get answered.......
Summering.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

13 posts, read 46,855 times
thanks summering i will take note on the bartonsville tip hope that this works out for us, also do you have good tips the house has a wood burning fireplace but i tink i want do a propane fp everything in the house is electric i was thinking of propane as a back up heat source to lower costs on electric any good installers ? thanks trish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania