Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,179 times

Advertisements

Just a curious question..Can you commute to leonia (Bergen county) and still live in PA without haveing a backbreaking commute? Dh can pick his hours to strategically avoid traffic..but still more that 2 hours from what I hear is just tooooo much for us. What a good place to live, that isnt far out in the boonies..close to everything....and still commutable via car? I will be stay at home mom..so good schools, and sense of community are vital....you know the usuals.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM

3 posts, read 7,909 times
Hello, My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Poconos. My parents are moving to Towamensing Trails so I was interested in the surrounding areas. What is the best school district to look into? We have 5 children from 2-9 so the district is important. Any information on areas to avoid would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine72 View Post
Hello, My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Poconos. My parents are moving to Towamensing Trails so I was interested in the surrounding areas. What is the best school district to look into? We have 5 children from 2-9 so the district is important. Any information on areas to avoid would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi Christine, Towamensing Trails ,it is so nice in there really......a bit out of the way for commuters but I love the lake and clubhouse.
So you want to be close ..........I think you should look into Brodheadsville,
You can get a huge home for not all that much compared to other places.
Then from here you take 115 to Merwinsburg Rd onto 534 at Jonas and that will take you an easy way into Towamensing Tr.( back way in)
The Pleasant Valley Schools are very good. I hear this all of the time.
Plus, this is a good nice neighborhood to live in. There is a group of schools on 115 and some more further down in Polk. So you should look into Brodheadsville........We have two close grocery stores, and fast foods, plus pharmacies........further out is Kmart at Windgap, a lowes is going there too.
A 15 min ride is the 12 Regal theaters, Wegmans, Walmart, Sams club and other stores. Plus some nice malls with Bon Tons and Boscovs......
Best of luck to you.........

Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times
I sent you a private message Christine72

Old 08-01-2007, 07:59 AM

6 posts, read 17,610 times
hi all you helpful people, please could you offer me some information on where to live. I am looking to buy a business in Cresco, monroe county and hubby may hopefully be able to get a transfer to an office in montgomery county? where should we think about living.

What i want is good/excellent school district children are aged 5, good neighbourhood/house with good open spaces/parks etc. Near shops local amenties. Has good out of school activities for children, has to be safe (well as safe as you can get in this day and age). We also have a large German Shepherd who will be moving from the UK with us. I don't want alot do i?

I am flying out to look at the business on Sat 18th August and will be there for a few days so wouldn't mind checking out some areas etc while we are there.

All opinions welcome as i do like a varied selection.

Are jobs in IT hard to come by in the area?

ps we currently live by the beach just outside newcastle in uk (may help when thinking of areas we will like)

thanks

Last edited by waughy; 08-01-2007 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: adding something new

Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waughy View Post
hi all you helpful people, please could you offer me some information on where to live. I am looking to buy a business in Cresco, monroe county and hubby may hopefully be able to get a transfer to an office in montgomery county? where should we think about living.

What i want is good/excellent school district children are aged 5, good neighbourhood/house with good open spaces/parks etc. Near shops local amenties. Has good out of school activities for children, has to be safe (well as safe as you can get in this day and age). We also have a large German Shepherd who will be moving from the UK with us. I don't want alot do i?

I am flying out to look at the business on Sat 18th August and will be there for a few days so wouldn't mind checking out some areas etc while we are there.

All opinions welcome as i do like a varied selection.

Are jobs in IT hard to come by in the area?

ps we currently live by the beach just outside newcastle in uk (may help when thinking of areas we will like)

thanks

JOBS in IT in PENNSYLVANIA are EXTREMEMLY EXTREMELY hard to come by. And they don't pay much either.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:48 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Default Jobs

Molly is right.........Jobs are hard to comeby in Pa. and the wages are low.
Perhaps he can find a job in the Scranton area, which is about the most populated area to your Cresco store location.
I personally can't think of a lake close to Cresco. Unless you didn't mind living by Lake Walenpaupak and then traveling south to Cresco. They do have good schools there so I hear. Though, finding a job in the WP area would be quite hard.........no industry in that area.
Other then that ,possiably living south at a development such as Lake Naomi, where there is a very nice small lake and a great development. Or Pocono Farms East........Then you'd be driving north to the store location. A bit hard sometimes in a bad winter.
I hope you can give yourself some time to check things out......so you can find a good location between your husbands job, and the store.........with all the things you love. Good Luck...

Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 AM

6 posts, read 17,610 times
thanks, so lets pretend i can live anywhere in ne PA where would you recommend, doesn't have to be near water or cresco.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM

6 posts, read 17,762 times
Default Please share all you know about Dingmans Ferry, PA

We're thinking of relocating to this town, would like to buy our first home. We were thinking Wild Acres? I would like to get a teaching position if possible. What are your thoughts/experiences/advice/comments? Thank you Molly!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM

QUOTE FROM kmondo77
We're thinking of relocating to this town, would like to buy our first home. We were thinking Wild Acres? I would like to get a teaching position if possible. What are your thoughts/experiences/advice/comments? Thank you Molly!

As a former teacher, GOOD LUCK. Another field thats hard to find a job in the state of PA. They like to hire LOCALs--thats my take on it.

Wild acres is in the Delaware Valley sd -- nice school district.

check out Search the MLS

and look in the development Wild Acres --only 4 homes for sale with a range of $119 - $525

And this is an interesting take on things that i have.......

Ranging from $119 to $525

Thats a broad spectrum for me. I prefer to live in a development where all the homes cost about the same...so then you know what "kind" of neighbors you got. I would not want to be sandwiched in between a trailer and a McMansion or say a home thats worth $119 and the other side is $525. So look carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania