Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Summering!!! YOU STOLE MY ANSWER!! Beltzville and Harveys lake!!! LOL
I know I tend to do that sometimes..............LOL
At least I didn't get the RED letters I got the first time I did that...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:44 PM

63 posts, read 224,971 times
Default Warm clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
Hey! I got the job!
I'll be a lift attendant/operator at camelback!!!
I'm so, so happy!
Too bad I have to wait till December to go there

Well, if anyone has any other information about Camelback and surroundings, and places to buy warm clothes, i'll be glad

Congrats on getting the job! I think you'll really like it. The absolute best warm weather gear is, in my opinion, Under Armour. There is a new outlet store in the Crossings. It's very light weight, but is extremely warm. My girls have both worn this for skiing, snowboarding and marching band. It's great stuff and wears like iron.

Once again, I'm very happy for you. If you have any other questions, ask away.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzymare View Post
Congrats on getting the job! I think you'll really like it. The absolute best warm weather gear is, in my opinion, Under Armour. There is a new outlet store in the Crossings. It's very light weight, but is extremely warm. My girls have both worn this for skiing, snowboarding and marching band. It's great stuff and wears like iron.

Once again, I'm very happy for you. If you have any other questions, ask away.
Thanks Izzy!!

Well, i do have some more questions, as I can't help wondering about camelback and tannersville
How expensive do you think Under Armour clothes are? And about food, do emplyees at camelback have any kind of discount?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
Thanks Izzy!!

Well, i do have some more questions, as I can't help wondering about camelback and tannersville
How expensive do you think Under Armour clothes are? And about food, do emplyees at camelback have any kind of discount?
Ise.......I sent you a PM on the Armour jackets.......
Just so you know what is so great about them, etc...........I didn't know they came into those Outlets. Wonderful, and a good location by the skiing.
I imagine you should have a discount. When my daughter worked at the lodge they gave her a discount even on her Wedding prices. Her wedding was in the Waterfall room..........YES, it has falling water.........very pretty.
I'm sure you get a discount on your foods..........
Don't get too worried, if you need something.........just buzz the Summering family up!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 PM

63 posts, read 224,971 times
Ise,
When you work at Camelback, they give you two free passes per week. This includes free lift tickets and free rentals. You may use them and/or share them with friends or family. Also during the summer, they had Camelback appreciation day and invited the employees to the waterpark for the day. They also have discounts at the food areas and clothing stores.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,008 times
Hi Molly. I was hoping to find someone who knew the area and willing to tell it like it is. My husband and I are looking to relocate in Tannersville, Tobyhanna or Pocono Summit. What are these towns like? Is it a place I should reconsider? I'm worried about crime, education and such? Any advice? Thanks

Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Molly tells me she is here EVERYday.......Molly, Molly......where are you?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaulinomorris View Post
Hi Molly. I was hoping to find someone who knew the area and willing to tell it like it is. My husband and I are looking to relocate in Tannersville, Tobyhanna or Pocono Summit. What are these towns like? Is it a place I should reconsider? I'm worried about crime, education and such? Any advice? Thanks
Tobyhanna has a nefarious reputation for crime simply because it is home to "A Pocono Country Place," a gated community of 10,000 residents that is a hot-spot on the police scanner for various offenses. One should be advised that the rest of Tobyhanna is actually a nice place to live. My ex-boyfriend lives in Pocono Farms-East, and he's happy there. He did tell me though that the presence of the PCP kids at Pocono Mountain-West High School certainly drug down his experiences there, since some of his fellow classmates were gang members. Tobyhanna is only about a half-hour south of Scranton, PA via I-380, so if you have high school-aged children, you might consider sending them to private school up there (Scranton Prep is amongst the best private high schools in the state). If you avoid PCP and Pocono Mountain-West High School, then Tobyhanna is still an affordable part of Monroe County in which to reside. If you plan to commute daily to NYC/NJ, then I'd advise against moving to Tobyhanna though for your own sanity---the commute times from Tobyhanna are the longest in the Poconos.

Tannersville is a safe area, and it is served by the Pocono Mountain-East High School in Swiftwater, which I've heard has a better repuation than its rival to the west in Tobyhanna. Be advised though that it is quite congested in Tannersville, especially during the summer on Route 611. The Crossings Premium Outlets are located here, and hordes of NY/NJ folks make pilgrimages here because PA has no sales tax on clothing. Just south of Tannersville on Route 611 is Bartonsville, where new retail growth has been occurring (Lowe's Home Improvement, Kohl's, and a few others). Just south of there is Stroudsburg, which has a Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and various other stores. Stroudsburg tends to have a rather high crime rate for a community of just 6,500 residents (2007 estimate), so I'd avoid strolling the streets at night, but there are some nice shops and restaurants in its downtown area to be experienced during the day. Be advised though that Route 611 links Stroudsburg, Bartonsville, and Tannersville, so this roadway can become rather congested at times. I-80 is also congested eastbound in the mornings and westbound in the evenings as the power-commuters rush back and forth to the city. Route 209 north of Stroudsburg is also notorious for gridlock all the way on up to Marshall's Creek.

I know very little about Pocono Summit, other than it is part of Coolbaugh Township, which will put it in the Pocono Mountain-West School District (same as Tobyhanna). I've only driven through this area, but it seems very quiet and less congested than other parts of the county.

Hopefully Molly, IzzyMare, Summering, and others who live in Monroe County can fill in anything I missed! An area I'd recommend for you to consider would be the Pleasant Valley School District, which is in southwestern Monroe County, in the Brodheadsville/Gilbert area. That school district has a pretty good reputation, and it seems to remain away from the maddening crowds (for now at least). Summering lives in Brodheadsville, so she'd be a good resource to contact about Pleasant Valley. She also snapped pictures of that area and posted them on this forum (just search for them).

Have a great night!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times
GEEZ!!! I can't take a day off!!

Tell it like it is. Tobyhanna--- bring a bullet proof vest and don't forget to duck.

Pocono Summit---I don't really know much.

Tannersville, nice and convenient---buy resale!! Many available.

FYI

I spent the night at Great Wolf Lodge. I will start another thread later about my mini-vacation that was 8.5 miles from my home. LOL

Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 AM

Oh Great Wolf is fantastic. I just sent my friend a bunch of information on it.
We go there for Easter Dinner Buffet. It was wonderful......Since Easter was early there was a sprinkle of snow in the air.......
My daughter is going to spend a night there soon, a great sale is going on right now.
Whats also grand is getting those community tickets. The kids take a great advantage of that. Going for the entire day for a grand price. Just for the park.
Now that is an great asset to our Poconos for sure...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania