Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

"When I was a kid I prayed every christmas for God so he would make it snow! And before I looked under the christmas tree I looked outside the window... but no, there was never snow... " Quote from Ise............"
Well, that was a tear maker. Sometimes Ise there is not snow before Christmas.
But, hopefully this year there will be, especially in the high plateau you are going to be at. Now, I will have to pray too.........
I was thinking that the kids might help one another up that way. That the local girls would help them get to the store. But, if not......I'll give Ise my number and take her to Mr Z's ( grocery) if she needs a ride. I have no idea if they have been offered any other services except coming over to work. My daughters can come to help if need be.......one is good with languages.
Gosh, they are going to have fun. Christmas in New York.......is Awesome.
Ise, I am going there next month and I will post pictures when I get home. Don't know if the tree will be fully up yet. But, it doesn't get lit until the first week ( tues is it) in December.
Molly ME...........Find me one of those taxi's in Brodheadsville, we don't have one here.......Its so frustrating. The taxis are way up in Stroudsburg.....

Old 10-26-2007, 01:47 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,076 times
Sure its Pocono Cab Co. - Moving Mountains... The Pocono Mountains. My neighbor takes it every day--don't know where she is going but everyday at 3:30 it brings her home.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,011 times
Default Summering and I Love PA

Really, I feel very glad one day I entered this forum... It's really hard to find people willing to help others nowadays... no way I would have imagined that in the internet I would found you 2 and Izzymare, that helped me also

Thank you for your worries! My mom is worried sick too! LOL
But I guess everything is going to be all right! We're grown-ups already (people have to be 18 years old) and I'm sure we will manage to survive! Especially with your advices and caring answers to our questions! But we don't want you to worry that much! By answering our questions you're already helping a lot! No need to worry that much!

After all, we'll be in a group of students, and I'm sure that if we found any problem, we'll be able to deal with it and laugh of it later!

Love you all!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,011 times
Summering, but the pictures of the tree I can't pass! lol I want to see it when you got them, i don't care if it won't be fully ready! \o/

Old 10-26-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
Summering, but the pictures of the tree I can't pass! lol I want to see it when you got them, i don't care if it won't be fully ready! \o/
OK ONE un-lit tree with scaffolding reaching to the sky ( holy, I wrote ski...lol)yes, they put the bulbs on the tree and have to use this contraption)
I am going November 25 they will be on for you Nov 26th........
I sent you over a bunch of Camelback websites to behold.........
Right now it says "Zero" snow.......and "Zero" inches available....LOL
There is so much to look at on each site I sent.......even all the Outlet shops, that you will be busy for awhile........Have Fun

Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 PM

32 posts, read 77,991 times
Hey!!!
I'm so glad to met you here, just like Ise! =D
Thank you very much for all the information and for being so worried!!

And...I have another question...Is Village of Camelback too far from groceries, and thing we'll need??

Bye bye! =D

Old 10-27-2007, 06:08 AM

I am realizing that we are like "over protective" mothers over here..........and I am sure you are both going to be glad to be 18 and " free and on your own".........
I would feel exactly the same way. But, on a second note........just remember we're here if you need us. ( that might make your moms feel better too LOL)
Groceries.........Well, its not that far by car probably 5 min. There is a Mr Z's in Tannersville on 611...that is the grocery store. Other ones further towards Stroudsburg, and actually for your best buys on food, our Walmart in East Stroudsburg has the best food prices.
But, just like when I went to Washington State with no car, and had to figure how to get the groceries home. It is a laugh to this day. ( We used our arms and something with wheels we found along the way.......LOLOLOL)
You'd have a long climb up a big hill with bags of groceries, and it will be cold!!
So your almost stuck to use a taxi until you befriend a local teen, or someone there that will help you.
Believe me if we get temps in the teens and below, with the wind.......the hike would be difficult. You'd get a bit frostbitten. ( try for a hat and scarf....Oh I am such a Mom!)
By that Mr Z's is a pharmacy also.
It will be a large walk to the Outlets too. Spring and Summer are quite different then making the trip in the mist of winter.
I am almost sure there will be someone to help.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 AM

Oh Summering, is good to know that we have you as a 'protective mom'! We know that if we need something you'll be able to help us! =D
And I'm sure that we'll find a way to go to groceries, and other places!! We're gonna be in a group of 10, 15 brazilians...so it's easier!!

Can I ask one more thing???
I wanna know about Internet there... Is it easy to have acess? I'll bring my laptop, and I've hear that in United States almost every place has Wi-fi internet! How is it in Tannersville, Camelback? Do you know? Cause we need some way to talk with our families and friends here in Brazil! =)

Bye-bye!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM

You know what this internet Wi -fi is expanding in leaps and bounds.......
I will tell you that the libraries have computers you can use, if you join up. It is not costly to join. I know of the Stroudsburg Library and the Western Library in Brodheadsville. They have laptops for use here in the library, and desktops.
I am wondering if the new Paneara Bread will have Wi-fi as they do in the Southern states. If so one is opening soon, near you in Tannersville.
I also know that the Wind Gap Kmart/Sears has internet set up there ( their own desk tops) Does anyone know if it is set up in Mt. Pocono and that Kmart/Sears store??? Wind Gap would be too far for you, but the Mt Pocono is not too far.
It was not in the Camelback lounge area when last I was up that way. I doubt they have it in the condos unless someone puts it for it themselves.
I'll try looking into Camelbacks, unless someone knows more here.......
In NYC, there is a huge place just up from where Lion King is playing. This was next door to Lion King. People can go there and use the computers for so much per half hour/hour. The place was packed full, people sat at different levels....it was looking quite kool........
Wow, big group all out on this great adventure........What fun!!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 PM

Ok ok...so you're not sure if at Village of Camelback has this kind of internet! I hope it has!!! =P But if it doesn't have, is it possible and cheap to put internet there in the house? Like pay something each month to have it? Cause we'll have the laptop, we just need the internet!!! =D

And Summering, do you live next to Camelback? I told my mom about you, and she loved to know that someone is helping us! =)

I can't wait until december!!! Next week we're going to take the 'visto' (I don't know how to say that in english!! Visa?) to enter in United States! Hope we get it!!!

Thank you again, for all your help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania