Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
YES! As I said, several students TESTED POSITIVE for H1N1! See the article in the CV! Several swine flu cases confirmed at Pittston Area - News - Citizens Voice (http://www.citizensvoice.com/news/several_swine_flu_cases_confirmed_at_pittston_area - broken link)
But, was anyone deathly ill from it, or did they just get sick for a day or two and were then back to normal? It would seem its not much different from seasonal flu, which nobody is ever whipped into a frenzy over.

I think all of this H1N1 fear is just media-fueled hysteria. They're making a flu out to be the next bubonic plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
But, was anyone deathly ill from it, or did they just get sick for a day or two and were then back to normal? It would seem its not much different from seasonal flu, which nobody is ever whipped into a frenzy over.

I think all of this H1N1 fear is just media-fueled hysteria. They're making a flu out to be the next bubonic plague.
You do know that people die every year from the flu? The swine flu is basically the worst case flu...lil man got his regular flu shot, now he will go for the swine flu vac. All my children are in the 6months to 24 year old age bracket...I would better be safe then sorry and grieving the rest of my life.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
GO PHILLIES, please read this and educate yourself. It is not Partisan. Just facts....from Doctors.

CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
I was not aware you had to be a city resident.. thanks for that information.
They say you have to be a Wilkes-Barre resident, but they were letting people in that weren't. Alot of college students from out of state were there and they allowed them to get vacinated, like a wink, wink kinda deal. the nurses knew they weren't city residents, but didn't turn them away because they were already there, plus, they do not ask for I.D. So all you really have to do is tell them you ARE a W-B resident, and use a fake W-B address on the paperwork, and you'll be homefree. That was that particular day, with those particular nurses though. I do not know if it will be the same situation, and nurses next time around. The next time, there may be very strict, by the book kid of nurses there. They were not making a serious issue out of turning away non city residents though. If they really start getting overwhelming amounts of people showing up, then that may change. They will be having another round of vaccination shots soon from what I have heard. I will keep you posted.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
Both of my sons have the flu ; one is 10 and hte other one is 9. Both dh and I had the shot a few weeks ago.
My older son never gets sick ; honestly, the last time he was sick was early 08. His doctor on friday told me not to give them the shot ; however early sat morning he had the flu!!! Yes, I know it wouldnt have prevented it at that stage.

d

Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Both of my sons have the flu ; one is 10 and hte other one is 9. Both dh and I had the shot a few weeks ago.
My older son never gets sick ; honestly, the last time he was sick was early 08. His doctor on friday told me not to give them the shot ; however early sat morning he had the flu!!! Yes, I know it wouldnt have prevented it at that stage.

d
Is it possible that they caught the flu from when you had the shot?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:21 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
its possible. One of their teachers was out last week with it also and some of the older son's basketball team.
Next year they will get the shot. Now they are both out of school all week. The juggling has began.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 PM

910 posts, read 2,991,538 times
I'm with Phillies on this one, the shot is way too new and rushed for me. Our pediatrician even advised us not to get it.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Is it possible that they caught the flu from when you had the shot?
No, it's not possible. If you take time to investigate facts instead of spreading unfounded rumors like that, you will see it's not possible

Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
No, it's not possible. If you take time to investigate facts instead of spreading unfounded rumors like that, you will see it's not possible
I didn't spread a rumor, I asked a question, it is possible. People have gotten the flu themselves from getting a vaccine. Or do you have an M.D. after your name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania