Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,233 times

Advertisements

I will be matter of fact here and to follow, for the obvious, emotional reason. It was Labor Day 2008 when I moved to NEPA. Yes. I am a transplant however, I am not a drug dealer, gang banger, thief, poor citizen. I am a mom. It was 9 months, 2 days ago that my 20 year old son died from sudden heart death. During these past months, my life forever drastically changed and, at times feeling as if I was on the North Pole with no one in sight. There was. yes, there was after all. I joined an online support group. The moms and dads that post there saved my sanity. ( course that could be debatable :-)). In an effort to remember our children and to raise money for various causes; scholarships, medical research, free clothing stores for the needy... my online group asked each member to design and mail a 12" by 18" banner in remembrance of our children to be displayed at such an event.

How does one capture the essence and life of our children? I'll tell you. I had some help. i submitted a design to Sign a Rama on 315s. Shortly thereafter i received a call from Lynn and I scheduled an appointment. Not only did Lynn take the time to view several choices of design with me, she paused when I paused, said nothing as my mind drifted away in memory. What sincere compassion.

Today I picked up my sons banner. It is beautiful and with a look you can "see" my son. I was a little short sighted in my time frame but Sign a Rama came through. My tears flowed again and so did those of Lynn's.
When I read CD I have noticed that when there is something good to say about a business, the posters here let the rest of us know about it. At this time I would like to commend Sign a Rama for a job well done
Thank You
And to the posters here, thank you as well. You have been my company during these hard, grief stricken months, I wanted you to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
I give you this one thought to keep -
I am with you still - I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning's hush
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone -
I am with you still - in each new dawn.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 AM

11 posts, read 22,684 times
Your Child will not be forgotten, not by their friends, family, the nursing staff and doctors that met them in the hospitals, and never ever forgotten by you. And while life will never be the same, how could it? IT will be better than it feels today. It is a dicotamy of many events and emotions.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Ohveryyoung, Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss.

It is amazing how on line communities can support us in times of profound grief. I'm glad you posted. Stay with us.

Thank you for the time you invested making a positive referral. The 'Lynns' in this world have more positive impact than they can ever know.

Blessings and peace.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
I'm so sorry for your loss

Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
God bless you and keep you...I know no words can easy your heart ache, but I am sure your child is with you now and forever.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. It makes us all realize how short our time is and how prescious our kids are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania