Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 05:57 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,784,616 times

Advertisements

The Lowe's and TSC in Mansfield both opened since I last posted in this thread so it's time for an update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 07:23 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
In 1981 we moved to NEPA, and in particular the Montrose/Tunkhannock area. We could not get cable. We did get a big-honking-satellite dish (the old kind) but it soon stopped working because during hunting season, someone shot it. In 2009, you still can't cable.
Its late 2010 soon to be 2011 and still no cable in many areas of Lake Winola/Falls. Rural is rural !!! I love it

Old 12-08-2013, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,215 times
Ok, there are lots of posts about Wellsboro, Mansfield, PA area from 2009. What's it like now???

Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM

They're still there. Couple more chain hotels in Mansfield now and the Penn Wells Lodge in Wellsboro expanded just in time for the slowdown in drilling. So they still (or again) want you to come visit.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Oh, the US 15 expressway is now done from Lindley to Presho, NY (or all the way from Williamsport PA past Mansfield, to Corning NY). That means you can get to the box stores in Big Flats/Horseheads NY from Mansfield a minute or two quicker.

Gasoline prices after a relative drop for a year or so in the Northern Tier, seem to have returned to their pre-drilling boom gouging pattern. With the anticipated increase in the wholesale gasoline tax in PA it will be interesting to see if NY gas prices actually become comparatively lower, or if the hike really will come out of margins as Corbett and his apologists publicly claim.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:34 PM

472 posts, read 778,849 times
This is why I love this site you can stop talking about something for three years n come back n still post an update. I'd love to travel and check out the Troy area.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 31,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgrimes View Post
Ok, there are lots of posts about Wellsboro, Mansfield, PA area from 2009. What's it like now???
I'm a student at Mansfield now. It's still pretty rural feeling, Troy has a new hospital and the gas industry has slowed down for sure since I was in high school in Wyalusing.

I'll just leave it at it isn't a place I want to go up and live. The people that make "decent money" compared to the rest of America work huge amounts of overtime, or are in very niche positions that don't open up that often.

My parent's place is located where you can't see any neighbors, and their internet speed makes me want to punch a baby. And our township road doesn't get plowed until the day after it snows, so I get stuck home if I go there. I can't wait to move to a snowless area like Dallas or Phoenix.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
This is why I love this site you can stop talking about something for three years n come back n still post an update. I'd love to travel and check out the Troy area.
We never heard back from docmikey. I presume that he headed to Maine and gave up on our area or he stayed in NYC?

Yes it would be great if our OP's posted updates to let us know if we ever helped. Sometimes it feels like we are just wasting our time. On the other hand; sometimes our old posts are hard to find with a poor forum search engine (I really like CD; but wish they would work on a better search engine).

Old 12-09-2013, 06:00 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I really like CD; but wish they would work on a better search engine.
the search engine available here is what comes standard with the software package...maybe if they switched to a different board software that had a better search engine...but I agree...Google it ain't!! LOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania