Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
GOOD! If the people of Scranton don't want to invest in their own city to bring it into the 21st Century then perhaps out-of-towners WILL!
Like me! But wait, I moved here so am I am intowner now? I do love it and I put my money and my arse where my mouth is...it is not simply lip service...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM

82 posts, read 144,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
U of S, Marywood, Lackawanna, Keystone, Penn State Scranton , Wilkes, Kings, Misericordia, Penn State Wilkes Barre, LCCC, Penn State Hazleton, and certainly some I've missed...
With all the opportunities for advanced learning in the area, why won't companies relocate here to take advantage of all the educated people who graduate each year?...
It isn't a lack of educated people here, it's the lack of a place for them to work...
Maybe when the new medical school starts turning out docs, and the law school at Wilkes graduates more lawyers, (and don't we need more of those!), things will get better...Or so "they" say...
Its true these schools do turn out good talent but where do they end up? You are correct most of them take a job just to pay there bills even if its not in there prospective field.What does that tell anyone.We can do with less ambulance chasing lawyer,open the phone book and yikes!We do need lawyers but not those type who advertise malpractice,slip and falls and personal injury,some of them are oportunists looking to make a quick buck.Not only that a lot of them belong to the good ol boy network where cases are decided even before court

Old 12-11-2009, 01:18 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Because I live here? LOl
For every one loveinbloom and shoegal there are 10 Les Spindlers though. Count me out.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:46 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
Quote:
For every one loveinbloom and shoegal there are 10 Les Spindlers though. Count me out.
Say it ain't so!!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Say it ain't so!!
(Envisioning an army of scrawny chain-smokers wearing "Legion of Doom" t-shirts and jeans two sizes too small running amok!)

Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM

82 posts, read 144,969 times
Les Spindler is such a sharp dresser! Dont forget the chuck taylors with the jeans tucked in them

Old 12-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the facts View Post
Les Spindler is such a sharp dresser! Dont forget the chuck taylors with the jeans tucked in them
I try not to make a habit of making fun of other people's appearances, but I'd gladly give Les a $50 gift card to K-Mart so he could go buy slightly LARGER Wrangler jeans! Nobody wants to see someone like him trying to show off his package!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,228 times
Quote:
I try not to make a habit of making fun of other people's appearances, but I'd gladly give Les a $50 gift card to K-Mart so he could go buy slightly LARGER Wrangler jeans! Nobody wants to see someone like him trying to show off his package!
I have seen him up close and personal, and believe it or not the legs are tight but the waist always looks two sizes to large with his belt making it bunch together!?!? Yikes!!! ( sorry Les, or Les fans)

Last edited by bloominscranton; 12-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'd like to see Forbes do a ranking of the most corrupt areas areas in the country. Lackawanna and Luzerne counties would definitely sit near the top of that list.
Trust me, the corruption in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties doesn't get anywhere near what you see over in New Jersey.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,549 times
I think the Doomer name callers need to understand something, Many here are 3rd generation or more, We know the political and "connected"families, we know people who have loose lips and we know the secrets... things the paper wont print because they are one of the "connected" families,
I personally dont mind the same old every week at council, there are a few less than well spoken people there, they arent as "educated" as scranberry, but their opinions are no less important..hopefully the squeeky wheels will get a little bit of oil..
The powers that run this valley have been doing it for generations, It doesnt matter if they lose an election, the next one is just a few years away, and they are right back there , taking care of them and theirs , and screw the rest of the people.
Why do they keep getting elected??? The subject of my next post, not enough time right now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania