Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 06:21 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
Uh oh DavidWebb- are we going back to the Pocono Country Place discussion? I saw some really strange animals around there!!! LOL!!!!
Glad ya got a laugh, JG and Summering- no prob. I know what I saw.
I'm with you on that, as you know, J5K.........
I don't think grown adults have the time, or pleasure, to make up stories.
Not about something so serious as this type of sighting.
Seems my girls and you, 13 miles away......saw the same "Cat" type, animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Well...if anyone hasn't noticed this has gotten attention in the Pocono Record this morning so, Summering, now you can tell the naysayer's to kiss your __________

Mountain lion mania still roaring | PoconoRecord.com

Last edited by DavidWebb; 01-06-2010 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
Wow, David! How 'bout that!! Thanks for the link.

I was sitting here this morning watching all the deer wandering about looking for food. Since they are 'protected' in the developments these deer could provide some easy food for cats this time of year. Of course that's just a guess on my part. As I said before, I really don't know anything about the subject.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
But yet they keep saying that people are just either overreacting/over exaggerating or just don't know what they're talking about!!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Well...if anyone hasn't noticed this has gotten attention in the Pocono Record this morning so, Summering, now you can tell the naysayer's to kiss your __________

Mountain lion mania still roaring | PoconoRecord.com
Isn't that a grand picture.......but the girls saw black.....Still.....gives one to thinking about the " big cat" population.
Ok now who would you like me to kiss........which........naysayer?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Ok now who would you like me to kiss........which........naysayer?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Wow, David! How 'bout that!! Thanks for the link.

I was sitting here this morning watching all the deer wandering about looking for food. Since they are 'protected' in the developments these deer could provide some easy food for cats this time of year. Of course that's just a guess on my part. As I said before, I really don't know anything about the subject.
Rockky........Yes, I agree.........I knew nothing about any wild cats until about a year ago when that "brown" bobcat ran across 115 by the racetrack. It had turned its head our way for just a second. Mr Summering and I immediately went home to google that, and see what was what. Right there on the screen was the bobcats face.
It was fringed with hair. They have a squared off kind of odd backend.
The feet area...........That article... at the time... said you'd only see " one bobcat in your lifetime if at all" So I figured that was the end of it.......until my girls were in shock and awe Christmas morning. The picture one of the husbands brought up was very small. The black cat with one leg extended back.........That they thought was the "long tail" until we further reviewed later on.
Oh, they have taken a rubbing for the sighting, but they are not going to bend to presure. Plus, they are glad it was the two of them who saw it.
Hopefully, never...again.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post

Jungle George you funny guy............
Thank you for giving me that Angel site. I saw that dog who rescued the little boy from the cougar just this morning on the news.
What a hero... that dog named Angel.
My dog is not hearing well, nor can he walk well.......He would want to be a hero, but he is too old now.

Ok who am I kissin'.........with those lips you sent over.......

Old 01-06-2010, 01:03 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
My wife says I'm an unrelenting skeptic. . . and I've gotten worse than a kiss from naysaying ;-) fwiw, I'm sure most observations are honestly based and not elaborate hoaxes as the newspaper photo, but pick your topic -- wild cougars in NEPA, big foot in the NW, extraterrestrials in some redneck's backyard, Tiger's heroic rescue by his wife, . . . . I'm going to need some proof. And a 200 lb cougar roaming around NEPA in search of food would, imo, leave unmistakable evidence; in just a few days, much less 100+ years.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM

172 posts, read 609,240 times
Bobcats are quite common in PA. I haven't seen one there, but I've talked to lots of hunters that have. Here in AL, they are common, as well. They are generally cautious of people and tend to scare away easily. You may want to keep small pets inside, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania