U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 PM

31,728 posts, read 72,521,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebunnie69 View Post
"Research?" How many times do we all have to tell you about our negative experiences with this community:

-My boyfriend observed a group of people at the table across from us at Perkins a few years ago. He later told me he observed one of them had a gun, and they were heckling us for being a couple.

-When I went to Stroudsburg for my photo tour, the following all occurred:
a.) I was panhandled by TWO bums seeking "bus fare to the city." That alone was a HUGE turn-off, as I'm never panhandled up here in Scranton.
b.) I observed gang-related graffiti and broken glass just a block away from the Sara Street Grille, which admittedly looked like a nice place.
c.) I was nearly run-down by a woman from New York in an SUV on a cell phone who came careening around a corner onto Sara Street without signalling.
d.) I saw the site of several ARSONS in the community.
e.) My drive in and out of town was accompanied by aggressive drivers, especially on I-80.

okay Now let me tell you about my experience in Scranton.

A. i was in Denny's the day pa locals decided to carry their guns in, and then got into a fight with police that showed up to tell them please put the guns away
B. I was at downtown scranton taking money out of ATM in the middle of the day when some drunk local started asking me for money. very scary for a mom with two little kids
c. My hubby works for a company in scranton, that everytime he trieds to hire new employees 50 percent don't show up for the orientation becuase as one girl said "i get more money on warfar"

My whole point is that it's not nice to always say that New yorkers are to be blame. In every town there are its lowlifes and every experience is different.

i have been on main street in the middle of day like at night. i have never felt fear!
And if you think that your experience compares to being in the bronx OMG. Go spend one afternoon in the bronx and you will think your experience in stroudsburg was heaven

I think we need to all remember that there are lowlives in all areas.

I didn't say that New Yorkers were to blame. I happen to know of a number of NYC transplants to our region who have been upstanding folks. I even said that it's possible that I just hit the town on a "bad" day when all of the vagrants, graffiti, broken windows, obnoxious drivers, etc. were in full view. Yes, there are indeed lowlives in all areas. I never said that Stroudsburg was The Bronx either. Perhaps it's now time that this thread should be closed before another NEPA vs. NYC/NJ flame war erupts.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM

2,317 posts, read 4,855,599 times
I see that this thread has gone as far as it will go.......
Rate this post positively
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania