Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,274,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm calling "bull" on this one. When I was 17 I was in a very sexual and very intense long-term relationship with a 19-year-old guy from the Poconos. I knew damn well what I was getting myself into, and I wasn't "innocent", "clueless", or "taken advantage of." We were together for a year. Before things ended and we parted ways we had grown so close that I even took him on a walk through West Pittston to contrast our architectural tastes to determine the ideal future home compromise for us when we reached our 20s.

Don't assume just because someone is under 18 that they are vulnerable or incapable of making their own rational life decisions. This girl obviously never heard of a thing called birth control or telling her partner to wear a condom (I only practice safe sex), but I'm sure she knew what she was getting herself into.
Well said, but obviously we don't have to worry about you or your partner getting pregnant, and then letting the taxpayers deal with the consequences. That's my biggest issue here. She may be the most loving, wonderful mother on planet earth. I just don't want to be stuck with the bill for her bad choices. If you want to bring three kids into the world before you are old enough to buy a pack of cigarettes, then you better damn well have a plan to pay for them! And with all the various forms of birth control on the market these days, there is really no good excuse to get pregnant if you don't want too. This little girl will probably never have to work a day to support her own children. She and her kids will be completely taken care of on the backs of the taxpayers. Her kids most definatley eat much better then our kids. Go to any grocery store on the third of the month, and look at these people with the overflowing carts of food. Can you working people afford that? Not me! There needs to be consequences for your actions and bad choices, so that you will learn from your mistakes, but the welfare system acts like an enabler who even goes as far as promoting bad behaviour. This little girl knows damn well that the more kids she pops out, the more money and benefits she will recieve, that is sad, and it needs to end! Like I said earlier, her kids should be put into state run daycare, and she should be forced to work all day, maybe two jobs if necessary to be self sufficant. No more free rides!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammin' Scrannin' View Post
She should have aborted all 3 of them.
Well I won't say that, because no matter how un-ideal the situation is, those children are still human beings. They have my pity being born into those circumstances, but that doesn't mean they deserved to be killed.

Should they have been given up for adoption? Probably.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
No, but how about some personal responsibility? How about some parenting skills?? This girl's parents are obviously a failure and did not instill any morals or sense of responsibility in her. Like I said, one pregnancy as a teenager may be excusable and it happens, but 3 by the age of 17??? Personally, I think birth control should be mandatory while receiving public assistance.

And if I was in charge, there should be a test before someone can breed. Not necessarily an intelligence test...but a common sense test. Its amazing, you need a license to drive a car, and even to catch a fish, but not to bring another life into the world.
i agree---if parenting needed a license--there would be a long line of people unable to have kids------poor judgement by the TL----where was cps when she was impregnated 2x while she was a minor?---if i were one of her family members i would feel guilty and embarrassed for not 1.protecting her when she was 14,2.not encouraging her to get counseling before baby no.2 ,i could go on but how sad---

Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
It's funny. I've seen so many gov't assistance threads and people are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If she stuck the kids in daycare and with relatives to work she'd be accused of not raising her kids. If she stays on assistance to raise her kids, she's called a welfare queen.

Same with food stamps - if she buys good food then she's accused of living high on the hog. If she buys bad good then she's accused of not caring about the health of her kids.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Go to any grocery store on the third of the month, and look at these people with the overflowing carts of food. Can you working people afford that?
What really boils my blood is when these people buy their food with the Access card, probably have their rent paid by Section 8, yet they always have money to whip out of their wallet for cigarettes.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 AM

947 posts, read 1,643,220 times
I find it absolutely amazing that there are so many on here that are bashing this girl and claiming it's all her responsibility. Not one man who has posted a response here has said one word about the other party involved in this situation...THE MAN OR BOY WHO IS THE FATHER. It takes two to tango and two to make a baby in this instance and I find it appauling that not one person has spoken about the responsibility of the man in matters of birth control.

If you (men) don't want kids then either keep your pants zipped or use a condom but don't make it the woman's responsibility to ensure that you (men) don't become a father. And fathers need to start teaching their sons that it is always their responsibility to 1. be in charge of their own birth control and 2. be a man and be responsible if they end up fathering a child!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Same with food stamps - if she buys good food then she's accused of living high on the hog. If she buys bad good then she's accused of not caring about the health of her kids.
Food stamps should be like WIC checks....they can only be used to buy certain basic healthy items. It burns me up when I see people whip out the Access card to buy Twinkies, Doritos, soda, etc.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
What really boils my blood is when these people buy their food with the Access card, probably have their rent paid by Section 8, yet they always have money to whip out of their wallet for cigarettes.

How do you know what people use to pay for their food? Why are you looking at the credit card machine when others are using it?

How do you know those people don't work and aren't buying their cigarettes with their WAGES?

You don't know. You assume.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
I find it absolutely amazing that there are so many on here that are bashing this girl and claiming it's all her responsibility. Not one man who has posted a response here has said one word about the other party involved in this situation...THE MAN OR BOY WHO IS THE FATHER. It takes two to tango and two to make a baby in this instance and I find it appauling that not one person has spoken about the responsibility of the man in matters of birth control.

If you (men) don't want kids then either keep your pants zipped or use a condom but don't make it the woman's responsibility to ensure that you (men) don't become a father. And fathers need to start teaching their sons that it is always their responsibility to 1. be in charge of their own birth control and 2. be a man and be responsible if they end up fathering a child!!!
Actually, being the original poster, I pointed this out. As a father, nothing burns me up more than deadbeats. The highlight of my day is coming home from work to my kids....I couldn't imagine fathering a child and having nothing to do with him/her. Personally I think they should be castrated.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Food stamps should be like WIC checks....they can only be used to buy certain basic healthy items. It burns me up when I see people whip out the Access card to buy Twinkies, Doritos, soda, etc.

And it would burn you up just as much if they were buying fresh fish and beef right?

And we all know that the poor DO NOT DESERVE anything that could give them any kind of happiness! No!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania