Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM

307 posts, read 768,725 times

Advertisements

My Daughter and her bff used to write skits and then act them out in videos. Back then they also had MTV videos and they would put on a song and sing and dance with it. You should see their version of "I like big butts" hysterical!! They also got all the kids in the area together and made a band, they made commercials too. That video camera was a blessing! My daughter also baked cakes, and now at 30 she makes the best cakes. She wrote "books" too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Bowling
Rock Climbing
Skiing
SnowTubing
School Clubs
Barnes and Noble
Ice Skating
Movies

Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
I think travel is a problem for the girls:

Quote:
we are 15. We don't have a car. Please help us find something that we can do inside.
I kind of took that to mean, something they can do at home. And they did specify inside.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
I think travel is a problem for the girls:

I kind of took that to mean, something they can do at home. And they did specify inside.

They live in WB, right?

So they can't ice skate, snowtube or ski. They can still sleigh ride or do any of the other things I mentioned.

I grew up and was a grown up in WB without a car - there are literally a TON of things to do here that are accessible by walking or bus.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Not to be picky but the OP said they lived "near" Wilkes Barre, which is rather ambivalent. How near is near? Are they just outside of town? Are they 5 miles from town? Are they IN town? Don't know. Since she made mention of no car, and wanting to do something inside, I took that to mean that there was nothing nearby that they could take advantage of on foot.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Not to be picky but the OP said they lived "near" Wilkes Barre, which is rather ambivalent. How near is near? Are they just outside of town? Are they 5 miles from town? Are they IN town? Don't know. Since she made mention of no car, and wanting to do something inside, I took that to mean that there was nothing nearby that they could take advantage of on foot.

And I'm not trying to be nitpicky either...but...there are a ton of buses that service WB and the greater area around it.

Even if she lives in a place like Harding, it's not that difficult to get a bus to places where one can do things that are fun.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 PM

Fair enough - I'm used to places where you have to drive more than ten minutes just to get to a gas station. lol

Old 02-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Fair enough - I'm used to places where you have to drive more than ten minutes just to get to a gas station. lol

LOL...DH grew up in a very, very rural area. I get where you are coming from. I grew up in WB so when we stay at my mother in law's it really is a culture shock!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
My daughter is about your age and she enjoys the following winter activities with her friends and by herself-
1. knitting - you can learn fairly quickly and it's an in expensive fun activity! Knit a winter scarf for your self - or make several as a project and donate them to a charity!
2. Your local library! Don;t know exactly where you live but most libraries these days have classes for teens in everything from baby sitting certification to crafts!
Libraries are also a great place for books! Get into reading! Not sure what to read? Most librarians will be more than happy to assist you with finding books that interest you! Readers are NEVER "bored"!
3. Bake cookies or brownies. Learn a recipe from Grandma or another older relative.
4. Go ice skating or snow tubing! If there are no ice skating places mear you and you don't have the money - wait for the snow and go sledding!
5. Check to see if your church has a youth group! My kids are involved in youth group and there is always something going on! If you are not a member of a church with an active youth program, join a youth group at another church - I am sure they will be happy to have you!
6. go bowling!
7. Get fit for spring by walking or running!
Have fun!
You're right about the youth group Sheena. I'm an assistant youth group leader at my church and we always have something going on that is fun. It's also very satisfying to me when the kids are learning about God and having fun at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania