Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
You forgot that annoying shoegal.......Hey Roxxy not sure about ignorance being bliss, let me know. I call like I see it. Where is PJ I mean CHS89 in all of this?

This forum hasn't been the same in about 10months and there really are two or three that I see being responsible for it.

Mags its like a car accident, you just can't stop looking can ya.
Mhm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
My observation is that most of the trouble that has happened here is from a few who come off as condescending, and somewhat egotistical... IMHO.. Many here like a spirited debate...and participated in them always without a problem.. then there are those who throw in the "I'm educated and your not" attitudes or the Tattletales who fashion themselves as self appointed sheriffs of the board... THAT is when the brown stuff started hitting the walls here, and the quick decline of posters participating. The few killed this board to the detriment of the many.
Well, this one highly "edumacated" ego-maniac is still getting a barrage of hate mail:

"And you aren't well liked on the NOVA forum either??? What a surprise.... Maybe you should be asking yourself what it is you do that gets you into all this trouble with everyone. It isn't everyone else, it is YOU! No doubt whatever happened on the NOVA forum to involve the police is your fault, most likely you told lies about someone just like you do all the time here on the NEPA forum and on other local blogs!"

1.) What people have I spread lies about?
2.) The police incident stemming from the NoVA sub-forum was NOT my fault, and I clearly detailed it up above. There was an argument. Someone else wasn't careful with what they said and someone else took it upon THEMSELVES to "defend" me by crying to the police. The person who had the police called on him has continued to blame me, rallying people against me, stalking me, and harassing me all over the Internet. How is that MY fault?
3.) I tell lies on "other local blogs?" Really? Care to elaborate, since I know it's one of YOU reading this right now who is flooding my e-mail inbox with all this harassment? At least the Facebook harassment stopped when I altered my privacy settings, and the DM harassment has stopped temporarily as well.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
Don't know how I missed this earlier, but TBH the mods suck...

Post something they do not agree with, it gets deleted with no explanation or warning.
Not ALL mods "suck." Most are great. There's one I currently hold a grudge against because he lets people say whatever snide remarks they wish to about me, but then whenever I defend myself in-kind I'm the one who gets punished for it. It's blatantly unfair.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
As long as this is okay with the OP, I've re-titled this thread to include the more off-topic nature that it's evolved to.

Sorry that you all don't have my total attention. My oldest son is graduating from College on Saturday and my real life is taking precedence. Don't take it personally!
1.) No need to obtain my "permission", after all, you're in charge of ME, right? LOL! This is fine.

2.) Congratulations to your son!

Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM

I've said just about all I'll say on this subject. It's apparent to me that a lot of people on this forum have a "blame the victim" mentality, and I concur with Magritte that this aura of "never tattle for anything" is probably a contributing factor as to why dozens in our area have now been indicted for corruption with dozens more on the way.

In regards to Facebook where a couple of people referenced me (indirectly but not thickly-veiled enough) and my former status updates you must realize I would be involved in those fights and post the updates I did hoping to shame the aggressor(s) into backing off. Unfortunately it only fueled their fire, and they probably got a huge kick out of it in the end. They were saying some VICIOUS things about me, and I couldn't allow that to go unchecked. Ditto the harassment on a local hometown blog I frequent here in VA and the stalking of me on the website of the Times-Tribune.

I have a strong idea who is behind a good chunk of the harassment---one person who has posted already in this thread and despises my long-winded posts on a newspaper's web site along with one (or two) people from the NoVA sub-forum with an ax to grind as they still blame me for a police incident from months ago that was in no way MY fault.

Why do I let it continue? When the NoVA situation was nearing its peak I finally DID come forward to a moderator, who told me, more or less, "not my problem." As you can see with the strong disdain Denton56 and a few others have towards me it's obvious that in addition to our political discourse the couple who were embroiled in that legal matter sent them DMs spreading lies about me---all the while claiming I was the one spreading the lies about THEM!

It's such a shame this forum at-large is collapsing.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM

127 posts, read 290,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
I've said just about all I'll say on this subject. It's apparent to me that a lot of people on this forum have a "blame the victim" mentality, and I concur with Magritte that this aura of "never tattle for anything" is probably a contributing factor as to why dozens in our area have now been indicted for corruption with dozens more on the way.

In regards to Facebook where a couple of people referenced me (indirectly but not thickly-veiled enough) and my former status updates you must realize I would be involved in those fights and post the updates I did hoping to shame the aggressor(s) into backing off. Unfortunately it only fueled their fire, and they probably got a huge kick out of it in the end. They were saying some VICIOUS things about me, and I couldn't allow that to go unchecked. Ditto the harassment on a local hometown blog I frequent here in VA and the stalking of me on the website of the Times-Tribune.

I have a strong idea who is behind a good chunk of the harassment---one person who has posted already in this thread and despises my long-winded posts on a newspaper's web site along with one (or two) people from the NoVA sub-forum with an ax to grind as they still blame me for a police incident from months ago that was in no way MY fault.

Why do I let it continue? When the NoVA situation was nearing its peak I finally DID come forward to a moderator, who told me, more or less, "not my problem." As you can see with the strong disdain Denton56 and a few others have towards me it's obvious that in addition to our political discourse the couple who were embroiled in that legal matter sent them DMs spreading lies about me---all the while claiming I was the one spreading the lies about THEM!

It's such a shame this forum at-large is collapsing.

All....Aboard the QQ Train!

An internet term,(commonly used in the game World Of Warcraft) that describes someone who starts crying or complaining(QQ'ing) which then leads to another person to QQ, which then leads to another person and so on...

Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
weluvpa wrote:
not sure about ignorance being bliss
This should bring you certainty: If ignorance is bliss, there would be millions and millions of blissful people. Based on what I see on this planet, the old cliche, Ignorance is bliss is a faulty concept.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Highly educated? Did you get your masters or PHD yet? Did I miss something?

Paul some advice for you, stop putting your life all over the net. STOP posting on the times site because your just fanning the flames and not really accomplishing anything but causing grief for yourself, actually the net and forums seem to be the main source of trouble in your life, whats that tell you?

Mod cut -personal attack

Its actually a shame, honestly I find trimming my toenails more fun then this forum and my toes have more personality then most of the current flock of posters on here.http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Surprise/terrified-026.gif (broken link)http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Surprise/terrified-026.gif (broken link)

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-29-2010 at 07:53 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:

I find trimming my toenails more fun then this forum
Toenails are fun, but I'm kinda partial to watching concrete dry....

Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
You forgot that annoying shoegal.......Hey Roxxy not sure about ignorance being bliss, let me know. I call like I see it. Where is PJ I mean CHS89 in all of this?

This forum hasn't been the same in about 10months and there really are two or three that I see being responsible for it.

Mags its like a car accident, you just can't stop looking can ya.
Where is ****, i sure she had alot to do with this board going downhill, i guess she helped kill the board and just left.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-29-2010 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: edited posters name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania