U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 AM

436 posts, read 917,500 times

Advertisements

People take the internets WAY too serioiusly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 23,875,093 times
Dan,

Thank you for illustrating each and every one of my points so brilliantly and clearly.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,052,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Some of you have really made my jaw drop. ::shaking head:: What amazes me is this is the ONLY forum where I have ever seen this level of negativity.
I guess you haven't been on the C-D politics forum (the NEPA forum is tame in comparison)....I've also seen sports forums worse than this.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM

4,083 posts, read 8,678,515 times
Quote:
Dan,

Thank you for illustrating each and every one of my points so brilliantly and clearly.
You are welcome. Now back to our regular scheduled snooze fest.

PS Is this an empty post? Thanks for the delete big brother. Thus proving the basis for this very thread.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 AM

127 posts, read 271,710 times
Quote:
Oh and I will come out and say right now:

Yes, I have reported personal attacks. Yes, I've reported other rule violations. Why? Because if you can't follow the rules like a civilized adult, you should be told about it. If you can't disagree without resorting to personal attacks, then you shouldn't be posting.

Ok, enough is enough. I am sure there are many others that feel the same way but won't say it or don't but here it goes.

I don't care what your sexual preference is, if you are a tree hugging hippie, the color of your skin - none of that means squat to me and I don't judge anyone based on such shallow issues.

What happened to this forum - a few posters killed it. You know the song Video Killed the Radio Star? Well a few posters killed CD.

This forum was to help people that wanted to relocate, get back in touch with their roots, give advice, and it did succeed in that area. In the past year I've watched this forum go down the toilet. The forum wasn't set up for debates, to poke someone in the eye, to stalk others - but that's what it turned into.

I've been a member for 2yrs - I have few posts. I notice others that are here more or less time with thousands of posts. Why? If you are not exchanging info that can be helpful then don't post. Simple.

Oh and btw, this post IS useful - it's pointing out a few reasons CD died.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,052,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrovintage View Post

I've been a member for 2yrs - I have few posts. I notice others that are here more or less time with thousands of posts. Why?
There are forums on city-data besides the NEPA forum....there are forums here that cover just about any interest you might have. I pay more attention to the baseball forum these days than the NEPA forum.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I guess you haven't been on the C-D politics forum (the NEPA forum is tame in comparison)....I've also seen sports forums worse than this.

You are right I haven't been. But thanks for the warning! I'll steer clear! LOL

Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
You are welcome. Now back to our regular scheduled snooze fest.
Oh Irony, how I love thee....

Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,607,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
I think in the big picture there have been some spirited debates here, very enlightening, but there's only a very few who get their panties in a bunch and complain / report to mods... by and large most get along here fine..
Ha, people running and reporting to mods, that reminds me of being a kid and hearing this from one of my siblings "i'm telling mom on you".

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,607,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Well, Karen, you made it no secret I'm the person in particular you are referencing, and I hope you'll never someday have to deal with people sending you all sorts of harassing e-mails, stalking you onto multiple forums, creating fictitious Facebook accounts, threatening your job, etc., etc. because then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to condemn. This has grown to be MUCH more severe than just "innocent fun." These people potentially even know where I live, and I've grown so paranoid now I look everywhere when I'm coming and going. Judging by what I experienced in a fracas involving the police on the NoVA sub-forum and what I've witnessed from the city council meetings in Scranton there are PLENTY of people who can't keep Internet squabbles ONLINE.
They know where you live because you broadcast every aspect of your life on here. This is the internet, it's meant for entertainment, information and what not. It's not for broadcasting every little detail about your personal life and what goes on in it. My advice is get off of here and go live your life. There was no internet to complain on years ago and we all made out fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania