Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 PM

65 posts, read 112,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'm just wondering whatever happened with freedom of speech
That went out along time ago!! Sad but true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to privately owned enterprises like businesses, stores, websites, etc.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Scranton View Post
Look we all know the "link" we the people are looking for answers??
I'm thinking we won't get them

Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to privately owned enterprises like businesses, stores, websites, etc.
So where does it apply? Screaming in the streets??? on the telephone with your friends??? let's not forget now, god forbid we aren't politically correct and we offend someone, we might get hauled off to jail. I wanna know then, where does it apply? Why not websites? I'm so sick of everyone crying they are offended, oh boo hoo. It's getting out of control and enough already, especially after 09/11. I'm sorry i have no sympathy anymore. This is not directed at you Magritte, i'm just getting tired of the whole politically correct thing and let's not offend anyone.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
Quote:
So where does it apply? Screaming in the streets??? on the telephone with your friends??? let's not forget now, god forbid we aren't politically correct and we offend someone, we might get hauled off to jail. I wanna know then, where does it apply? Why not websites? I'm so sick of everyone crying they are offended, oh boo hoo. It's getting out of control and enough already, especially after 09/11. I'm sorry i have no sympathy anymore. This is not directed at you Magritte, i'm just getting tired of the whole politically correct thing and let's not offend anyone.

YouTube - Amen, Amen, Amen.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,981 times
Lets all have a get together, I'll bring the booze and firearms, then we can all discuss politics and religion!!! LOLOLOL
Nice clip JG !!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:55 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:

Well, it applies when we want to say something in public. I can't say certain things at work, that I could say out in say, Barnes & Noble. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this, but it's not contained to just City Data and this sub-forum.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well, it applies when we want to say something in public. I can't say certain things at work, that I could say out in say, Barnes & Noble. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this, but it's not contained to just City Data and this sub-forum.
It's always been that way, at work you handle yourself different than you would if you're out with your friends. We do get into heated discussions on here and BANG, it's closed. I just don't see why we can't keep going as long as we're not out and out attacking someone for their beliefs, we can all disagree and argue about it, let's say you disagree with me and i start calling you names and attacking you because of it, that's not right. Sometimes you need to veer a little off topic to get the point across, we're just not getting answers as to why they are so quick to close the thread.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:05 PM

65 posts, read 112,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Lets all have a get together, I'll bring the booze and firearms, then we can all discuss politics and religion!!!
That would be like going to a boxing match!! better make sure we have EMS, on standby!!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:12 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,981 times
Im Certed.!! we're covered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Scranton View Post
That would be like going to a boxing match!! better make sure we have EMS, on standby!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania