Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone........
I have to say that Facebook isn't City Data. It has a totally different feel to it.......A great place for family and old friend contact but, it is just not the place that City-Data was to us all.
I enjoy Facebook for what it is, a short stop each day... and isn't the information highway like we have here. Its there I see my girls and my long time friends.........but, it doesn't run as well for long conversations.
I didn't mind the banter between foe's on CD. It was like watching two sides argue their own opinions and that "should have been" fine. Politics will never be an easy subject, nor' will "Pizza!" LOL
The vacate came when every time a conversation started that disagreed......a lock came on the door. After awhile....what was the use to try to hold a conversation. There just was no reason to come on and post and then be locked. Sometimes we were waiting for answers in the thread and upon locking, they never came.
Many ideas and town information can be found now in the search. Just yesterday I looked up about a lake community and found all the answers right there at my fingertips. I was thankful to City-Data again.
It would be nice to have everyone back......now, wouldn't it?
This is a busy season of yard work, sports events, and outdoor activities.........but, its possible.
Anyhow, I came to say I miss you all, and to let you know that FB doesn't replace our fun and informative times.
I'm so ready to get some spring pictures of towns and places........NEPA is gorgeous right about now.
I'm game to try, try, again..........How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,261 times
Welcome back Summering!!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
A good example for administrative intervention. And the reason no one wants to post here. Does it always have to degenerate into a hair-pulling match?
Well when you get harassing e-mails sent to you from people on this sub-forum like this:

"You are the only mentally ill person on the NEPA forum. You were never wanted there and you still aren't - so do us all a big favor and leave! I've never seen a person who is so completely full of himself and so totally clueless at the same time!"

Or this:

"Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Virginia's loss is NEPA's gain!!!!!!!! YAY!!! No more wacko lunatic psycho boy!"

Along with someone creating alternative Facebook profiles to slam you into the ground due to your sexual orientation, people stalking you onto other forums, etc., then how would you honestly EXPECT me to react? It's not my fault this sub-forum is now in the sorry state it's in full of such miserable people who have axes to grind because all of the positive contributors have left.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,647 times
I haven't read much here in the last few months until this post. As Theatergypsy pointed out, the bickering, name calling and other rants are the reason this page dies. Not only on the side of a said aggressor but also on the let me call HR side as well. When the place starts to degenerate into the politics of special needs groups I like many bow out.

C'est La Vie

Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Well when you get harassing e-mails sent to you from people on this sub-forum like this:

"You are the only mentally ill person on the NEPA forum. You were never wanted there and you still aren't - so do us all a big favor and leave! I've never seen a person who is so completely full of himself and so totally clueless at the same time!"

Or this:

"Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Virginia's loss is NEPA's gain!!!!!!!! YAY!!! No more wacko lunatic psycho boy!"

Along with someone creating alternative Facebook profiles to slam you into the ground due to your sexual orientation, people stalking you onto other forums, etc., then how would you honestly EXPECT me to react? It's not my fault this sub-forum is now in the sorry state it's in full of such miserable people who have axes to grind because all of the positive contributors have left.
and those are the people that liked you ha ha ha

at times the forum gets to opinionated and political and that does subtract from what its supposed to be.

which is an exchange of nepa related information

Old 04-25-2010, 01:41 PM

I agree there should not be any name calling. I'm sure that is one of the rules of CD........

Whining and complaints get to be so annoying after awhile for sure.

But, we have met quite a number of very nice people on the forums of different states and in our own NEPA.

I have learned so much about places and events.....about the best lakes, where to shop....the best restaurants. Places to go and events to attend. I've always called CD the information highway.

There is no one in FB who is going to express to me about the high water tables in some of the lake communities. But, I can go on the search here and find out. There is information here that is vital to people.

This is a one of a kind place.........Everyone just needs to enjoy the space........and maybe perhaps, chill.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:44 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hi everyone........
I have to say that Facebook isn't City Data. It has a totally different feel to it.......A great place for family and old friend contact but, it is just not the place that City-Data was to us all.
I enjoy Facebook for what it is, a short stop each day... and isn't the information highway like we have here. Its there I see my girls and my long time friends.........but, it doesn't run as well for long conversations.
I didn't mind the banter between foe's on CD. It was like watching two sides argue their own opinions and that "should have been" fine. Politics will never be an easy subject, nor' will "Pizza!" LOL
The vacate came when every time a conversation started that disagreed......a lock came on the door. After awhile....what was the use to try to hold a conversation. There just was no reason to come on and post and then be locked. Sometimes we were waiting for answers in the thread and upon locking, they never came.
Many ideas and town information can be found now in the search. Just yesterday I looked up about a lake community and found all the answers right there at my fingertips. I was thankful to City-Data again.
It would be nice to have everyone back......now, wouldn't it?
This is a busy season of yard work, sports events, and outdoor activities.........but, its possible.
Anyhow, I came to say I miss you all, and to let you know that FB doesn't replace our fun and informative times.
I'm so ready to get some spring pictures of towns and places........NEPA is gorgeous right about now.
I'm game to try, try, again..........How about you?
I agree with you. Not everyone can agree on everything and a good argument on here was a good thing as long as no-one attacked anyone else. I like to keep Facebook mostly to people i know, my friends, my old high school buds, my former co-workers, family, i don't think i want everyone on CD on my facebook page. Reston you have annoyed me in the past, but i never would even think of attacking you because of your sexual beliefs, that's just not right and no-one has a right to do that. You just annoy me because you should enjoy life instead of griping about every little thing on an internet board. You're young and have alot to offer, so get out and do it, i really think you could run for some sort of public office and make a difference in the world.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I'm on facebook but I will never be joining the CD gang over there. I enjoy my anonymity. I don't post much on here because I am sick.to.death of being labeled a hippie, a bleeding heart whiney liberal baby because I have different opinions than the majority of the board.

I only post now and then in order to help someone or ask a simple question myself.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM

The World goes round and round with billions of different beliefs and opinions......
If we all thought the same~ how boring it would be.....

Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm on facebook but I will never be joining the CD gang over there. I enjoy my anonymity. I don't post much on here because I am sick.to.death of being labeled a hippie, a bleeding heart whiney liberal baby because I have different opinions than the majority of the board.

I only post now and then in order to help someone or ask a simple question myself.
I love how I'm the "villain" through all of this when I'm not the one selectively targeting others to send vile e-mails to under various different e-mail addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania