Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 01:32 PM

13,252 posts, read 33,411,528 times

Advertisements

(Off topic does not mean talking about moderation - do that in the FAQ section of city-data)

Hope you all are having a beautiful day in NEPA, it's been just gorgeous here in Southwestern Virginia. Perfect day for a college graduation. Hard to believe that I now have two college graduates. One more to go! SW Virginia is just about as pretty as Pennsylvania, but the winter's are sure a lot nicer down here. I hope everyone has had sometime to enjoy themselves outside!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 02:07 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,911,031 times
Today was a beautiful day in NEPA. A perfect day for my granddaughter's First Holy Communion. She was so excited and happy she cried!

Came home to drag out the hose and clean my front and back porches. Front is screened-in and a great place to have morning coffee on days like these.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 PM

65 posts, read 112,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I'm on here from time to time, but mostly on Facebook now. Glad to see that you came back John!!!
Thanks!! Seems a bit dead nowadays??

Old 05-01-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
(Off topic does not mean talking about moderation - do that in the FAQ section of city-data)
The topic "moderation" seems to come up a lot here as of late. It's been 2 years since I was posting. But! Back in them days one was able to say what was on his or her mind. "exceptions of-course" keep within the "TOS" YES!! Some got out of line, and they where handled with. "Including myself"!! But also keep in mind those of us "out of line" got handled with real quick.

I guess what I'm trying to say Is...... I know you're "Busy" toobusytoday" NO!! punt intended!! But like you said before. "You are doing this for free" so I understand. But!! if there was someone that was keeping close tabs on the few that got "out-of-line" I think this forum would be a lot better. And YES!! it's sad to say in NEPA, we have some folks that just can't seem to "keep it shut"!! But also I seen some that's not even from NEPA, that has to put their 2 cents in. And why not?? RIGHT??

This is the way I look at it. I don't go on any other forums but this one. I tried that before. Got kicked off!! "seems when you try a different forum" and the MOD, doesn't know you.... Well... enough said!! So! With that said.. I think without talking about "moderation" if it was left to you or whoever to handle in a timely manner this forum would do a lot better. People just want to speak there peace. And sometimes they do it in the wrong manner. As you may think I'm doing right now?!?! But as I said... "We just all want to speak our peace" and if doing so results in punishment then what "REALLY" is the point of this broad??

Quote:

Hope you all are having a beautiful day in NEPA, it's been just gorgeous here in Southwestern Virginia.
On a more sunnier note: it was 87 here in Scranton, today!! I really enjoyed the nice weather!! As I'm sure many of us did!!

PS.... I'm not trying to be like Paul, with the long winded post. Just trying to "speak my peace".

Thanks,

John From Scranton.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,955,760 times
toobusytodaywrote:
Hope you all are having a beautiful day in NEPA, it's been just gorgeous here in Southwestern Virginia. Perfect day for a college graduation. Hard to believe that I now have two college graduates. One more to go! SW Virginia is just about as pretty as Pennsylvania, but the winter's are sure a lot nicer down here. I hope everyone has had sometime to enjoy themselves outside!
Which school in SW VA?

My daughter earned an undergraduate degree in Geology from Radford in 2003. I loved going over to Radford for parents weekend every year. We usually rented a cabin at Claytor Lake SP which is just a few miles down the road from Radford. Blacksburg was the place to go for eating out. I liked SW Virginia. The similarities to PA are rather striking...with a warmer winter climate of course. The drive down I-81 ain't as enjoyable as it once was. When I first started driving 81 back in the early 70s it was still un discovered. Now it is a continuous stream of truckers as far as the eye can see, barrell-assing along at 75 mph! I hope you have a safe drive home.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 PM

Here's what I'm trying (not very well, I guess) to say about mod talk. There is really nothing more I can add about how a forum is moderated. Any questions about moderation can be answered here - //www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

My son graduated from Roanoke College CosmicWizard - really close to Radford! We made it home safely, but those truckers do go too fast or too slow depending on whether they're going up a long hill or down it! I like the stretch from the West Virginia State line and on south where there are lots of farms. Sorry for going so far off topic guys....

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,770,375 times
I'm just wondering whatever happened with freedom of speech, as long as we're not threatening physical violence or actually harassing someone with words, what does it matter if the board get heated and we veer off from topic a little. I just think most of these boards and not just this one are way to heavily moderated. I know of a few boards who wont put stuff on if they don't like it, what is that about?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Here's a link to the terms of service //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html This is a private board and the rules are up to the administrators.

Realtors, See This.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,770,375 times
[quote=toobusytoday;14006850]Here's a link to the terms of service //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html This is a private board and the rules are up to the administrators.[/QUOTE

Some of it i agree with it and some i don't, but oh well, guess ya gotta follow the rules.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Here's a link to the terms of service //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html This is a private board and the rules are up to the administrators.
Look we all know the "link" we the people are looking for answers??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania