U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 03:33 PM

1,973 posts, read 4,969,121 times

Advertisements

Fine arts fiesta this weekend. Always a good time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 03:54 PM

534 posts, read 1,006,000 times
Thanks, and I've been reading about some of that too on the Times-Leader website. Too bad we've missed another event, as our loan has not yet come through for our home there, now it looks like around June 5 ETA.
If you don't mind me asking, do you know of other festivals coming up in the area? My wife makes bathing supply gift baskets and would like to sell at craft fairs. But generally she avoids the hottest parts of the year as her soaps can melt easily. She does best around Valentines, Mother's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving & just before Christmas, and has her own tent.
We sure surely looking forward to some of these public events, just to check them out and have a good time.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:40 AM

1,973 posts, read 4,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
Thanks, and I've been reading about some of that too on the Times-Leader website. Too bad we've missed another event, as our loan has not yet come through for our home there, now it looks like around June 5 ETA.
If you don't mind me asking, do you know of other festivals coming up in the area? My wife makes bathing supply gift baskets and would like to sell at craft fairs. But generally she avoids the hottest parts of the year as her soaps can melt easily. She does best around Valentines, Mother's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving & just before Christmas, and has her own tent.
We sure surely looking forward to some of these public events, just to check them out and have a good time.
Definatlty check out the Wilkes-Barre farmers market on public square, that will be an ideal spot for her to sell her goods, it runs every Thursday all summer and into the early fall season. Also Google River Common Wilkes Barre they are about to launch into there inagural season with several events planned this summer, Riverfest is the first, which is happening soon. They do have a web page. James Taylor is coming to the arena soon, as well as Mohegan Suns concert season. The weekender.com is a good place to start, as well as the Luzerne County tourism webpage.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM

22,431 posts, read 28,880,014 times
It was a good time! So many talented artists! Saw the award winning poster created by a GAR student - very nice job by a talented young woman!
What more could one want? Does suburbia have this?
Well yes but places that celebrate the arts usually have home prices that START at 400K!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

9,480 posts, read 11,634,258 times
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

that's a community page on facebook that posts all kinds of pocono events.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 AM

534 posts, read 1,006,000 times
cool, thanks, sent it to my wife as she's on Facebook too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania