U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 07:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,803,641 times

Advertisements

Any comments on Birchwood Lake community? I know a couple years ago they had some issues w/ the lake & e coli/coliform. Is that taken care of now?

I would really prefer to hear from people who currently have a home in there, or who have family/friends who currently have a home there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:30 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,925,800 times
Hi Karen,

I do not live there anymore but had a house there in the 1970's to the mid 1980's it was a great place to grow up in the summer time. I know people there now who are very happy with the community. We used to walk to the General Store back then. It was called the Gay Bull (owned by the Gable Family). I think now it is Lakeview. At it's peak it had 4-5 lakes, 2 swimming pools, a club house and I have fond memories of Birchwood. Hopefully you will hear from folks who live there.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM

5,044 posts, read 5,052,842 times
My friend has a vacation home there. Now, while she hasnt used it in many years she has very fond memories there. The only thing is the water ; she has had many problems with it and just cannot seem to get it right. Her kids love it there but unfortunately cannot use it because of the water. it is probably just her house as it is old and needs updating.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:42 PM

467 posts, read 1,420,368 times
Where is Birchwood Lake?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,925,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
Where is Birchwood Lake?
Located off Route 739 Dingman Township and Delaware Township as well.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,265 times
We are looking to purchase a little cottage on the lake and if anybody else knows of problems with the lake water please let us know. We of course would want our grand kids to fish, swim and boat on the lake. Thanks so much!
DS

Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,330 times
I was trying to buy a home in Birchwood, I just received the results from the inspection. The home I was thinking of purchasing failed the septic test (sewage was coming up in the yard) and I just received the well water results. They tested positive for ecoli among other things. Needless to say, we are not going through with the purchase.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:45 PM

20 posts, read 28,467 times
thanks for the update Spanky!

Old 04-05-2014, 10:59 AM

543 posts, read 1,397,175 times
Default Water Problems in Birchwood Lakes Association?

Hello, I see several houses for sale in this association but I am wondering if anyone else has heard about well water problems too? A Realtor told me that this is one of the oldest vacation communities in the area, and the older homes have more problems with their drinking water because the wells were not deep enough and setup properly like the newer homes. I know that the purchase agreement deal can be cancelled if the well water tests are no good, but I am wondering if this is widespread in the association and therefore might become a problem for other homes too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania