Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 AM

696 posts, read 1,695,395 times

Advertisements

There seem to be a number of people checking out NoVA that have children. I remember feeling "lost" when we moved here with how to keep my young children engaged in activities and where to start looking. So, I thought I'd start a thread just for the moms and dads of our little people. Here are some websites that I found helpful for Fairfax County. What can you add for your county/area?

Fairfax County

Library - Public Library - Fairfax County Public Library - FCPL - library news

Parktakes Online - parks and rec activities at neighborhood recreation centers (swim, art classes, etc)

Fairfax County Public Schools - Fairfax County Public Schools

Nature Centers - Hidden Oaks, Hidden Pond, Huntley Meadows, Riverbend, Walney, Ellanor C. Lawrence*- Fairfax County, Virginia - list of nature centers, programs for preschoolers offered.

Mobu Kids - play space for under 5's. Falls Church area

Our Kids Activities and Resources - Your Link to Family Fun - - a subscription unleashes a whole bunch of really good info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,740,188 times
Loudoun County

Loudoun County Public Schools (http://www.loudoun.k12.va.us/loudoun/pages/static_district_homepage.asp - broken link)

Loudoun County Public Library

PRCS (http://www.loudoun.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=700 - broken link) Loudoun County Parks and Recreation (summer camps, preschool, art and sports classes, swimming etc.)

MOMS Clubs in Loudoun County

Sport Bounce of Loudoun Great place for hot summer days or whenever playing outside isn't an option. Fun birthday parties too!

All Star Legacy gymnastics and open gym for little ones (under four?) Another fun place to get rid of some extra energy.

Little Gym in Ashburn

My Gym in Leesburg

Pump it Up in Leesburg

Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,312,992 times
Dulles Moms

Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 AM

33 posts, read 72,132 times
don't forget Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com where there are mom groups, single parent groups, play groups, etc.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 AM

189 posts, read 374,868 times
FANTASTIC thread!!! I'm one of the 'lookers' so I don't have info to contribute, but I wanted to thank you all.

Perhaps this could be a sticky at some point?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 AM

216 posts, read 633,299 times
Don't forget the Clemyjontri playground in McLean!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia