U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,977,210 times

Advertisements

How interesting Heather. It is a small world sometimes. I love the Southwest in many ways -- I'm just outside Albuquerque but heading back to the DC area in the next year and looking to locate somewhere around the Reston area. My son and future daughter-in-law just bought a house in Warrenton and they really like the area and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

My only issue with Warrenton is just too far from DC -- I'm not willing to move out 40 miles -- I'm a bit more of a city girl and prefer to be closer to work and amenities. But if I was a young couple or married with kids I would think it would be a very nice place and that seems to be the case from several reports I've read.

And even 40 miles out in Warrenton, an older house is $300K whereas my brand new, 2200 sq ft., semi-custom home on 1/4 acre with beautiful mountain views just north of Albuquerque was $240K. Real estate issues are really the main drawback for the entire DC Metro area. The prices, even in the so-called buyer's market are just frankly outrageous IMNSHO. But I've lived in the area 3 times now and moving back for a 4th so I must like it! :-)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia