Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:44 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
As the crow flies I am about one mile from the Old Dominion Speedway. I knew when I bought the house the track was there. They were even running some cars there this morning. At times I can hear the announcer. I've been in my current house since 86 and have never made a complaint to the police regarding the noise. It just boggles the mind that people complain on something that's been there for many years before most homes.
I went to Georgetown for undergrad, and the "town vs. gown" animosity present when I was in school in the mid-90s has only escalated since then. It seems like the biggest complainers are people who recently bought multi-million dollar rowhouses a few blocks from the school's main gates. Um, hello...the school has been there since 1789. Sorry you didn't do your due diligence.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:27 AM

509 posts, read 974,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
RR. Where the hell did this come from? Never mind. Don't care.
As usual, he thinks he knows what people in Gainesville are thinking when they moved there - he should get a job as a psychic! No, we did not complain about the infrastructure - THAT upgrade was planned TEN YEARS AGO! We knew it was coming! For goodness sakes, let's get our facts straight! Tired of hearing someone think they know what people in Gainesville get concerned about. That decision to upgrade that intersection was made years before most people in Gainesville moved here!!!!

Traffic in Gainesville's a pleasure. Try Manassas on the other hand... AGAIN, for the 3rd or 4th time, locals in Gainesville know how to completely avoid that intersection no matter where they are going and while they are happy the construction's finally getting started (after being planned for a very very long time) - it is not something they are "complaining about" or concerned about. The newspapers maybe make it sound like more than it is so to make headlines and get ad dollars. Whatever, it's time to set the story straight from some postings on this forum about Gainesville. Five years ago in fact, Brookfield (one of the builders here) offered to start construction right away on that intersection by paying for it in exchange for a huge chunk of land. The county wisely decided against it, as that would have been a huge neighborhood of 2000 homes or so on the eastern side of Linton Hall Road just south of the VA Gateway shopping center. Again, that upgrade was first started being planned years ago - got delayed due to money issues obviously.

Why did Gainesville even come into this discussion? That's what I'd like to know!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Actually, the traffic used to flow through Gainesville, save for the RR crossing. It's not the same thing since traffic is a regional issue. Now, as this thread is discussing noise complaints, as are the referenced areas used to try to introduce Gainesville to this thread; unless there's a similar pre-existing noise issuue, Gainesville is a topic for another thread.
Understood, but someone else started the discussion on Gainesville and once again posted some inaccuracies that need to be corrected. You're right - it should not have been introduced into this thread!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngadude View Post
Why did Gainesville even come into this discussion? That's what I'd like to know!
Just another thread highjacking by RR. Guess he can't get Gainesville out of his system.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngadude View Post
Understood, but someone else started the discussion on Gainesville and once again posted some inaccuracies that need to be corrected. You're right - it should not have been introduced into this thread!
Neither should your opinion/comments on another poster.

Quote:
Just another thread highjacking by RR. Guess he can't get Gainesville out of his system.
Don't you think you're hijacking the thread by referring to him? Ignore list people!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Ignore list people!
It is never wise to ignore statements that are inaccurate.

Since there is (apparently) still more to be said about the Linton-Hall project, I'm copying a few of these posts to a new thread, where it can be discussed in an appropriate place. Hope that's ok.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Neither should your opinion/comments on another poster.

Don't you think you're hijacking the thread by referring to him? Ignore list people!
Oh, so it's OK for him to make comments on other posters but not me. Get real. He hijacked the thread, not me. Impossible to ignore him as too many people quote his posts. Your comment's equally off-topic. I was correcting false information about Gainesville from someone who continues to ignore the facts, even though several people have stated them repeatedly. That project did not cost $500 million, was not just planned recently in response to "complaints by people who just moved to Gainesville".

Why do you keep defending him. He seems to do a good enough job of that all by himself so I fail to understand why you have to chime in each time - just like you don't understand my posts. Fair is fair - you can't have it both ways!

Since when were you appointed moderator - telling people what they should/should not post and who they should ignore, etc. etc.? RR can defend himself, so again, don't understand why you have to chime in like an echo everytime he gets in an argument with someone.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
It is never wise to ignore statements that are inaccurate.

Since there is (apparently) still more to be said about the Linton-Hall project, I'm copying a few of these posts to a new thread, where it can be discussed in an appropriate place. Hope that's ok.
Agree 100%! We're supposed to ignore false statements and leave them sit here on the forum unchallenged? Why doesn't Alanboy tell RR to ignore statements that are inaccurate? Again, he can't have it both ways!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Thread closed. I do hope that the information was useful to TeeByrd86 as the OP intended.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia