Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM

461 posts, read 913,184 times

Advertisements

Connolly is up to his antics again. This time he's part of a sleazy practice by beer wholesalers to pay people for support.

[LEFT]"Democratic Rep. Gerry Connolly of Virginia sponsored the bill on May 18. The next day, he reported receiving $2,500 from the beer wholesalers."

Liquid gold: Donations questioned - Chris Frates - POLITICO.com
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 PM

9,000 posts, read 21,272,619 times
This post was moved from another thread to keep both entities on-topic.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:02 PM

8,685 posts, read 23,041,473 times
I continue to shake my head on why this man was re-elected. I met so many other first time campaign workers, motivated only by Connolly's actions. Would of, should of, could of......I wonder if I would have just put in another 10 hours a week, roped in one more person to go help, gave one more dollar, could we have beat him. But it wasn't Prince William that carried him, but his constituents from Faifax County is what carried him.

He's got to go - he reminds me of the smarmy. ambulance-chasing attorney.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,707,538 times
Connolly was losing so the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee dumped in $1.5 million to save him at the last minute, pulling the money away from other Democrats who subsequently lost.

In other local Congressional news, Congressman Jim Moran and his third wife are divorcing.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:12 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,476,202 times
The article also says:

[LEFT]
It’s not uncommon for groups to flood the zone to lobby for their legislative priorities or to provide financial support to lawmakers who agree with their positions and co-sponsor key legislation.

There is no evidence of wrongdoing by the National Beer Wholesalers Association, the Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America or the lawmakers.
[/LEFT]

Connolly's smart. Why should it be only Republicans who benefit from our corporate-friendly Supreme Court?

I voted for Connolly in 2008 and again this year. I'll keep voting for him as long as he keeps running. He represents my interests, and on most (but not all) of the issues, he votes in support of measures I support, and against measures I'm against.

His constituency includes a large number of liberals as well as federal employees/retirees, and I'm a liberal federal retiree. Was I supposed to vote for Keith Fimian?? I don't think so.

Edit: Sorry about the formatting commands showing up in my post. C-D is either (1) acting up, and (2) has been "improved" once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia