Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:42 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,731,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
What good is this thread without pictures
Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,106,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
What good is this thread without pictures
LOL, maybe we've found a good excuse to do a new photo tour of Leesburg.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,784,676 times
Methadone Clinic, Massage Parlor, Mosque, Political Candidate, Plasma Center. That's five things that would be worse, and I'm sure we could come up with countless more. Worst case scenario for the Lingerie Store would be that it also sells whips, chains, etc.

I think those folks in Lessburg need to be reminded of their close proximity to West Virginia.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:01 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,275,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Methadone Clinic, Massage Parlor, Mosque, Political Candidate, Plasma Center. That's five things that would be worse, and I'm sure we could come up with countless more. .
Check cashing, pawn shop, hub cap store, MVC Late Night Video, all available on Route 1.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I think those folks in Lessburg need to be reminded of their close proximity to West Virginia.
Harpers Ferry is 30 miles, Martinsburg is 40 miles. It's not that close of a drive (unfortunately for us, since we really like to go hiking there).

Why wouldn't you want to see a political campaign office on King Street? Those places usually have flag bunting in the windows and look cute.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,964,953 times
Quote:
Methadone Clinic, Massage Parlor, Mosque, Political Candidate, Plasma Center. That's five things that would be worse, and I'm sure we could come up with countless more. Worst case scenario for the Lingerie Store would be that it also sells whips, chains, etc.

I don't understand the last sentence, what does their close proximity to WV have to do with the items mentioned?

Last edited by Margery; 01-22-2011 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,184,562 times
Quote:

I think those folks in Leesburg need to be reminded of their close proximity to West Virginia.
Using Old Town Alexandria as an example, political candidates have indeed set up offices on or near King Street. With the presence of several churches in OTA, I don't see how a mosque would be a negative influence, sensitivities to current events notwithstanding.

I don't know about any potentially controversial medical facilities but I believe there is one place on South Washington Street that administers/facilitates several types of tests.

At least the "massage parlors" in OTA are within legitimate day spas.

I too am puzzled by the WV reference.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,184,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Check cashing, pawn shop, hub cap store, MVC Late Night Video, all available on Route 1.
I have passed if not necessarily patronized all of these places. One way or another, they're likely serving a significant portion of the surrounding community.

Of course, sprawling Route 1 is different from the more condensed and mostly historic areas we are discussing in this thread.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-24-2011 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Thought I should add the "necessarily" qualifier in there! LOL

Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
At least the "massage parlors" in OTA are within legitimate day spas.
A day spa could be a nice addition to King Street in Leesburg.

Sometimes, you just can't win. If the lingerie shop had decided to open in the Villages (the new shopping plaza where Wegmans is) the very same people would be complaining "How come we never get new businesses on King Street any more? Wegmans has stolen all the new businesses and is getting all the focus."

Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 AM

Yesterday I went to Dulles Town Center. Victoria Secrets had suggestive lingerie in their windows. There was a company giving massages on the main floor, right where everyone can see! And, if politicians are "worse" guess what there was also a politician holding a little meet and greet Sunday.

Why is it ok to see these things in a mall, but on a street it's eyebrow raising?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia