U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
 
10 posts, read 33,132 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Wife and I will be relocating to Stafford VA this spring. We have spent hours and hours online looking at different neighborhoods in the county trying to find one that has everything we want. We have found some, but are wondering if we are missing any.

The amenities that we wish our new neighborhood to have are:

Pool
Playgrounds/ Tot Lots
HOA
Trails/Sidewalks

A community center would be nice but it’s not mandatory.

The neighborhoods that we have found so far are:

Austin Ridge
Hampton Oaks
Leeland Station
Stafford Lakes Village
Widewater Village

Are there any other neighborhoods or subdivisions that have the amenities that we are looking for?

Does Park Ridge have a community pool? That neighborhood seems nice but we can't find much info on it.

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2011, 07:41 PM
 
10 posts, read 33,132 times
Reputation: 13
No one here familiar with Stafford?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 AM
 
Location: somewhere
4,264 posts, read 8,500,635 times
Reputation: 3160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVARUHokie View Post
Wife and I will be relocating to Stafford VA this spring. We have spent hours and hours online looking at different neighborhoods in the county trying to find one that has everything we want. We have found some, but are wondering if we are missing any.

The amenities that we wish our new neighborhood to have are:

Pool
Playgrounds/ Tot Lots
HOA
Trails/Sidewalks

A community center would be nice but it’s not mandatory.

The neighborhoods that we have found so far are:

Austin Ridge
Hampton Oaks
Leeland Station
Stafford Lakes Village
Widewater Village

Are there any other neighborhoods or subdivisions that have the amenities that we are looking for?

Does Park Ridge have a community pool? That neighborhood seems nice but we can't find much info on it.

Thank you!

Park Ridge does have a community pool, as well as a public library, a gym and everything else on your list. We have lived in Park Ridge since the summer and really like it, there is a pharmacy, grocery store, the DMV and several other things in very close proximity. I know there are a few houses for sale in the neighborhoods around us.

Oh and most people on the NOVA board aren't very familiar with Stafford.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM
 
10 posts, read 33,132 times
Reputation: 13
Thanks, appreciate the info. Does Park Ridge have an hoa web site? I have looked online for it and cant find one.

And when you say Park Ridge has a gym. Do you mean there is one for the residents of park ridge to use, or is there a commercial gym in park ridge like golds gym?

Thanks again!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
 
Location: somewhere
4,264 posts, read 8,500,635 times
Reputation: 3160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVARUHokie View Post
Thanks, appreciate the info. Does Park Ridge have an hoa web site? I have looked online for it and cant find one.

And when you say Park Ridge has a gym. Do you mean there is one for the residents of park ridge to use, or is there a commercial gym in park ridge like golds gym?

Thanks again!

I meant to get back on here and clarify the gym comment, as far as I know it is a commercial gym.

We rent so our LL pays the HOA fees and as far as I know there is no website.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 PM
 
1 posts, read 5,185 times
Reputation: 10
Hampton Oaks is a great community. Has all the amenities that you are looking for. Very well kept neighborhood with close proximity to a Wal-Mart and the Stafford Marketplace (Target, Best Buy, Shoppers Food Warehouse, TJ Maxx, etc. Very close to I-95 as well as Route 1. Been in this area and neighborhood for about 5 months and really enjoy it. It's family friendly and quiet at nights.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
 
3 posts, read 8,373 times
Reputation: 10
You should speak with a local realtor like Connie Mulgrew(my wife used to work for her). She knows the area very well. I live in Park Ridge. It is managed by Landmarc realty. They do not have a Park Ridge specific website. You should contact the HOA directly if you would like some details. But, i can say, this is the best development I've been in. The neighborhood is great, not some hood with kids running around rampant, causing problems. We did have a police chase through the neighborhood a few weeks ago, that was the highlight of the year!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM
 
10 posts, read 33,132 times
Reputation: 13
Thanks for the info. We actually bought a home in Leeland Station and cant wait to move in. Love the neighborhood and the proximity to Old Town Fredericksburg/Central park.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,772 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVARUHokie View Post
Thanks for the info. We actually bought a home in Leeland Station and cant wait to move in. Love the neighborhood and the proximity to Old Town Fredericksburg/Central park.
Hi, can you tell me if you are pleased with your move to Leeland Station? Did you build with Khov? What was your experience?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top